OP
OP
jcbasile

jcbasile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, that’s what I thought but because it’s a mix I’m free to choose any other with size difference as the only limiter. Would it be better to get a larger one or a smaller one in terms of pairing up?

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, that’s what I thought but because it’s a mix I’m free to choose any other with size difference as the only limiter. Would it be better to get a larger one or a smaller one in terms of pairing up?
Probably better to get smaller one, unless you know for sure your current one is not a female.

cd459

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Depends on how big ur current clown is. If it’s about an inch then you can probably safely add a larger clown.

cd459

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0E1B3BEC-E047-4995-8566-4552B869B891.jpeg

I got my clowns about the same size and it didn’t make a difference, they got along well since day one.

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0E1B3BEC-E047-4995-8566-4552B869B891.jpeg

I got my clowns about the same size and it didn’t make a difference, they got along well since day one.
I think when you get them the same size, there is a chance for more bickering and challenging for dominance. Whereas when you get different size clowns, the smaller one usually submits sooner, hence less bickering.

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think when you get them the same size, there is a chance for more bickering and challenging for dominance. Whereas when you get different size clowns, the smaller one usually submits sooner, hence less bickering.
Won’t that be temporary though? I got mine from 2 different stores and they were almost the same size. The took about a day to get along and were fine after that. Been together for over a year now. Garth and Megatron.

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won’t that be temporary though? I got mine from 2 different stores and they were almost the same size. The took about a day to get along and were fine after that. Been together for over a year now. Garth and Megatron.
Yeah it's temporary. I think it can just be stressful while they are hashing it out. Also I've had clowns jump out when they are hashing it out like this.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on how big they are. Two small clowns that are about the same size will figure it out. Two medium clowns may just kill each other because they've already started transitioning.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always gone with same size if under 1" and added a little guy if I lost one no matter which of the pair died. As long as the tank is large enough or room to escape the bickering, should be good.

My advise: get a smaller fish in the occe/perc or occe-perc hybrid variety.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back