Clownfish prepping for Anemone symbiosis?

Aeiyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ title.

So I've got two Mocha clowns in my IM 14 peninsula. Got a BTA about oh, 3 weeks back? BTA has been doing really well, and recently the smaller of the clowns (the one I'm assuming will remain male based on behavior) is starting to stuff his face into the BTA. This is not the first time he's done it this last week either, just the only time I've captured it in time. The Nem doesn't seem to shrink up or show any signs of distress about it either. I should nate the BTA is far too small to play host and home to the clowns. I got it at 1.5 inches, maybe just under 2 inches when he's super expanded and having a terrific bubbly day.

Anyways, did I get super lucky and catch some part behaviour? Should I possibly expect symbiosis as the BTA gets larger? Pics and short clip included.

20230904_112543.jpg

Attachments

• 20230904_112547.mp4
    15.7 MB

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they are already beginning hosting behavior - as long as the nem doesn’t show signs of distress, there won’t be any problems. The clowns don’t really care about size.

OP
OP
A

Aeiyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they are already beginning hosting behavior - as long as the nem doesn’t show signs of distress, there won’t be any problems. The clowns don’t really care about size.
I'll consider myself lucky then. First the Nem anchored in the first place I put him. Dead center. And now already within 3 weeks, captive bred clowns are pairing with it. Man I love this hobby. This is my first tank too, so exciting!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back