Clownfish questions

AlohaJacklyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two clowns from my LFS two days ago. They were not paired and I got them from different tanks.

My first question is...

I put them together and watched them closely all day, to make sure they dont fight. They seemed to take to eachother VERY well. Immediately followed eachother and they looked incredibly happy (much happier than they did in seperate tanks). The first day, she zoomed all over the tank. This morning, I noticed she was in the sand, moving side to side, in a manner that would move the sand out of her way. When I feed her today, she still zoomed all over the tank and, other than her doing this, she acts 'normal' ‍♀️ The male stays close by her but he swims constantly.

Should i be concerned or is this normal clownfish behavior? She doesnt appear to be sluggish or anything, just stays in this area. Is she marking her spot? Could it be the start of an illness? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Second part of my question:

Is there a website or poster where I can learn all the different types of clowns? I know there are hundreds of variations so its sooo confusing. I want to learn the differences so I can identify them when I see them at my LFS. Where is the best place to learn? Thank you.

OP
OP
AlohaJacklyn

AlohaJacklyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most questions asking if thier clowns behavior is normal can be answered, just clowns being clowns. Your clowns will eventually start to quarrel so one becomes dominant (female) and one becomes submissive (male). It usually works itself out but sometimes one will need to be removed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back