Clownfish stuck in Nero 5 cage

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home and couldn’t find one of my clowns, then I noticed it somehow got stuck inside the Nero nem guard. I pulled the guard off and it immediately swam away. But his top fins are sheared off and his pectoral fins are damaged. He can swim, I’m assuming he will heal and be fine? There are no aggressive tank mates.

Sorry to hear this. Was the pump off any amount of time?

Depending on the amount of damage, it could heal.

Pictures?

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be okay. However id recommend getting their fish guard since he might be a weaker swimmer. They are practically free, just pay shipping. I have two coming in this weekend. Found this link here on reef2reef. I had no idea they started giving these away to people who already had pumps.

Edit: Is this the guard you already have? Because I haven’t had a fish get caught without a guard. Would be good to know. I may not use it.

https://shop.aquaillumination.com/collections/nero/products/nero-5-fish-guard

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about the fin damage. Clownfish fins are amazingly resilient, but keep an eye out for any signs of infection. I'm cheering for the fish!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back