OP
OP
S

schafon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it does look to be either blind, or with damaged eyesight. Not sure what all can cause blindness; age, chemicals, infections, injuries and tumors all can cause that. None of them are really correctable. Supportive care would be to isolate the fish and then hand feed it.

Jay
That sucks, but yes I guess that's what I would do. No medications I can try?
Is there any chance that it will get better with time?

I was thinking maybe because the previous owner kept him in the bag for long time maybe he got ammonia burns in his eyes? Ever heard of something like that?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks, but yes I guess that's what I would do. No medications I can try?
Is there any chance that it will get better with time?

I was thinking maybe because the previous owner kept him in the bag for long time maybe he got ammonia burns in his eyes? Ever heard of something like that?

Sorry, I can’t say if it will get better or not, these cases are pretty rare so I don’t have a lot of data to draw from.

Jay

MacieKnis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, condition doesn't improved.
Today noticed stringy feces + anal obstruction.
There is internal redness at near the black dots at the back of the fish, he had those from the they I took him in - You can kind of see it in 00:23 in the video.

He eat very small amounts (but looks like he tries - reacts to food in the water) - I need to feed it straight to his mouth for him to accept food.

From the research i've done it looks like Intestinal worms / Internal parasites / Internal infections / Fish constipation.

What should be the action plan for the guy?

Thanks

Hi,
This is exactly what I’m going through with my clownfish currently. Were you ever able to figure out the disease and what did you treat it with? I’m almost certain it’s swim bladder disease, however I’m not able to find a ton of forums so it’s keeping me questioning. Thanks!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back