OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What medications do you have access to? I.e. can you have something on hand with which to treat. As to formalin - it would be highly unlikely (impossible?) for the amount of formalin that would be recommended for broolkynella to cause cancer. Of course - one would want to be careful with it. Unfortunately I cannot see the video. I would arrange to have a treatment available for brooklynella as well as cryptocaryon. I would also have a hospital tank set up - if you can - to prepare for a potential problem. The fact that the fish are acting fine and eating fine (and I assume breathing fine) lessens the urgency a little - but the earliest treatment the better if it's decided that it's needed. Did you quarantine them? How long have you had them?
I have copper power on hand, but I can get rally pro pretty easily. There are a couple fish stores near me so I can always check and see if they have other medications you suggest. I've had them for 2 weeks now the tank has been setup for the past 8 months and Ive watched both fish at a lfs for a few months and they've been doing good.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to see in the video, but I can't rule out Brooklynella. I agree that formalin is a real nasty chemical to have around the home, but it is more effective than metronidazole. If you need to treat this fish in your DT, rally pro is probably your only option.

Jay

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to see in the video, but I can't rule out Brooklynella. I agree that formalin is a real nasty chemical to have around the home, but it is more effective than metronidazole. If you need to treat this fish in your DT, rally pro is probably your only option.

Jay
Is it Rally Pro safe for corals?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This definitley helps a lot. Could you send me a link for some Quick cure im not familiar with that.
Quick Cure by API is getting rare but Ruby Rally pro qhich takes a little loger will help as will acriflavine or even chloroquine phosphate at 10mg per 5 gals of water.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I now see the folded dorasal fin too. should I start treatment with rally pro?
You can- will take a little longer to work, I posted other options

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Cure by API is getting rare but Ruby Rally pro qhich takes a little loger will help as will acriflavine or even chloroquine phosphate at 10mg per 5 gals of water.
Could you get me a link to some acriflavine and chloroquine phosphate?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ruby Pro has acriflavine it it
I know earlier you mentioned a FW dip, would it still be a good idea to do that? if so how long should i do it for.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I know earlier you mentioned a FW dip, would it still be a good idea to do that? if so how long should i do it for.
5 mins in a clean bucket with water the same temperature as the tank they came from and return to tank. It is not a cure but buys time and offers temporary relief

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 so a couple days have passed and i’m on day 4 now of dosing rally pro into the tank and there has been little improvement. the orange clown has some tiny spots still and the white and black clown seems to have no spots from what i can tell. should i continue to keep dosing for a few days? what do you reccomend?

Attachments

• IMG_9693.MOV
    64.1 MB

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 so a couple days have passed and i’m on day 4 now of dosing rally pro into the tank and there has been little improvement. the orange clown has some tiny spots still and the white and black clown seems to have no spots from what i can tell. should i continue to keep dosing for a few days? what do you reccomend?
Can't get the video to play. You might try uploading to youtube. That seems to usually work.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to view the youtube, but I couldn't really see anything definitive. If you have anyway to get a close-up photo or video we may be able to see more.

The original diagnosis was brooklynella. As @vetteguy53081 mentioned, Rally Pro takes longer to work than formalin. The fish appears very active which is a good sign. Whether the first diagnosis remains in effect is difficult without sharper close up images.

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to view the youtube, but I couldn't really see anything definitive. If you have anyway to get a close-up photo or video we may be able to see more.

The original diagnosis was brooklynella. As @vetteguy53081 mentioned, Rally Pro takes longer to work than formalin. The fish appears very active which is a good sign. Whether the first diagnosis remains in effect is difficult without sharper close up images.
here’s a pic i got

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back