Co2

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This co2 monitor is more money, but senses more air parameters
uHoo Smart Air Quality Sensor – 9 in 1 Indoor Air Monitor with Temperature and Humidity Gauge, CO2, Dust (PM2.5), VOC, NO2, Allergen Meter -to Breathe Easy and Boost Health with App

Screenshot_20220101-181616.jpg

SPSReeferMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some quick information on ERVs for anyone interested. I’m a hobbyist who is perhaps too interested in HVAC, but not a professional installer.

For ERV’s you can go with:
- Whole home versions or single room versions
- Dedicated vents or use existing HVAC vents

The whole home version, as you can imagine, is more expensive, especially if you run dedicated supply and exhaust vents in various rooms. For example, you may want fresh air supplied to bedrooms and your fish tank (the key reason to buy these!).

However, if you haven’t checked out Panasonic’s EVR, they have a single room EVR for ~$450 and it pushes and pulls 20 or 40 CFM.

I own both, but am still waiting to commission them.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a quote for a EVR from HVAC company. My house is a ranch 4000 sq.ft. on sealed crawl space.
Was the install easy ? I would love to not spend $4000 on this install of the EVR

A sealed crawl space wouldn't necessarily have elevated CO2 unless there was a CO2 source in it, or it got contaminated house air. Radon, certainly, but not CO2.

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After opening house up yesterday and getting fresh air in the house the difference in the last 2 weeks of PH dropping to 7.83 at its lowest point, to only a low of 8.0 today. CO2 only raised up to 750 over night instead of the 1600 the last couple of days since I got the CO2 monitor. May be able to just open up the house here and there to keep CO2 in check.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After opening house up yesterday and getting fresh air in the house the difference in the last 2 weeks of PH dropping to 7.83 at its lowest point, to only a low of 8.0 today. CO2 only raised up to 750 over night instead of the 1600 the last couple of days since I got the CO2 monitor. May be able to just open up the house here and there to keep CO2 in check.
Been there done that.

I had a 1500sq ft house with 2 people constantly present. I had to open the windows twice a day for 30 minutes with a very large window fan clearing the house. I watched monitor until it got to 450ppm and then shut windows. When I needed to open back up again, the house was at 750ppm. This got old REALLY fast. This IMO is not a long term solution.

Just to add on to what I was experiencing with my house. I kept the house closed for a day and half as a test to see how high the CO2 would get. Keep in mind before I had my monitor I would rarely if ever open the house up. After a day and a half the CO2 was at 2300ppm. I didn't let my experiment run longer than that. Also note that my house was built in the 1950's. Most people would say that it is "leaky". For me the "leakiness" of the house provided no dampening whatsoever on the CO2.

Also if you get the bright idea about plants dropping the CO2 you can look at my build thread and see what I did and what I found. TL;DR It doesn't even remotely work.

FWIW.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As a related issue, many folks report seeing pH crash during a party in the room with the reef tank. :)

Maybe it's best to have friends that are not heavy breathers. lol

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny was just gunna say been there done that but someone beat me to it

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back