Concerned about my 2 clowns! :/

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there so recently I have been noticing my clowns looking a little odd , they're doing okay and swimming around , I have been battling some sort of intestinal worm for a month now . The 2 clowns are still in my DT and have been , they're still somewhat eating . I been using garlic and vita Chem and also metro and a binder . I've been noticing them look weird idk if it's possible ich or brooklynella but I get paranoid and bothers me until I know what's going on!!!! I'm gonna attach some pictures to see if any one has any suggestions what's going on. Thanks!

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5060.JPG
IMG_5061.JPG
IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_5064.JPG
IMG_5064.JPG
IMG_5065.JPG
IMG_5069.JPG

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems brook. Are they letargic or have white strip when they poo? If they do thats brook and you have treat them asap. With formaline
White strip when they poop yes . Lethargic not really. They are eating up until this point . Formal one in a QT?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#mods
Any chance we can get this moved into the fish disease section?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White strip when they poop yes . Lethargic not really. They are eating up until this point . Formal one in a QT?
I would definitely get a QT set up and get them in it ASAP.

Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable making a recommendation on the course of treatment. My first thought would be copper if you have it available but would recommend waiting for either Melyper or Humblefish to weigh in.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll go ahead and make the call. that's Brooke. Get them out and treat asap. Treat all fish in the tank since they are all carriers. Definitely read that thread. I would use Acryflavin and Metroplex though to treat. formalin can be very harsh on the fish.
How long does Brooke take to kill a fish? This has been going on for over a week now ..

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll go ahead and make the call. that's Brooke. Get them out and treat asap. Treat all fish in the tank since they are all carriers. Definitely read that thread. I would use Acryflavin and Metroplex though to treat. formalin can be very harsh on the fish.
Luckily those are only 2 clowns in there.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to help. It amazes me how people like @rgaleana2009 or @melypr1985 can identify this stuff from these pictures. Just glad some people have that gift! All I saw were fish with spots! o_O
Unfortunately, I don't know how much time your fish have. That really depends on a lot of factors including how healthy they were when the symptoms started to show.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 39.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 78 53.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back