Confirming Rock Cleaning Prodedure

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm to a point where I'm gonna start breaking down my old 90G tank and start the process of cleaning the (dead) live rock (145#). Get regular bleach (splashless, no additives) and throw in a powerhead (Mag 9.5, if it still works) Run for a week or so. Empty water and treat with API water conditioner. Empty water and let COMPLETELY dry. After this, I'll precycle the rock I have. I need to confirm this procedure.

Additional questions would be how much bleach to use and how much conditioner to use (both for amount of live rock and the amount of water used to clean said rock). TIA.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be easier and faster to put them straight to the bucket with flow and no light, give them a scrub every day of so, rinse and place in new bucket, new water, repeat several times over a month.

Unless you need to kill everything.

OP
OP
PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, it's dead. I just need to get rid of the junk on the rock. You bring up a good point. Nothing to kill. A simple, mechanical procedure should suffice.......

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back