Confused on ich eradication and mangement

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank transfer method. It doesn't do anything for flukes, velvet and other diseases.
The Hybrid TTM method does. It requires 2x 30min H2O2 bathes. It looks successful. I'm about to try it with a mandarin and a wrasse since they don't fair well in copper. I'll watch them for at least a month afterwards in a 20g QT.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hybrid TTM method does. It requires 2x 30min H2O2 bathes. It looks successful. I'm about to try it with a mandarin and a wrasse since they don't fair well in copper. I'll watch them for at least a month afterwards in a 20g QT.
The trouble is, the eggs for Neobenedenia flukes are sticky and are not affected by H2O2, do they get carried right through TTM. Just a single egg can start an infection. They are really nasty, and are one of the most common flukes.

Jay

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The trouble is, the eggs for Neobenedenia flukes are sticky and are not affected by H2O2, do they get carried right through TTM. Just a single egg can start an infection. They are really nasty, and are one of the most common flukes.

Jay
Thanks Jay. With this said, I think that I'll do a double dose of Prazi after the HTTM. Good looking out! I've never had a fish die in a prazi QT. I have lost fish in copper though... mainly wrasses because I went straight to 2ppm.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back