OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
people make there own rocks out of it..... just make sure you soak it afterwards because the ph will be high....
I cant make my own rocks. I have no money b/c I bought my light and mp10. It would take me a months work to get money for rocks. Then they have to soak for like 2 months and I am already on a waiting list for black ice clowns in 3 months, and some zoas that I have to save for. Just don't have time or cash.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant make my own rocks. I have no money b/c I bought my light and mp10. It would take me a months work to get money for rocks. Then they have to soak for like 2 months and I am already on a waiting list for black ice clowns in 3 months, and some zoas that I have to save for. Just don't have time or cash.
i should have chimed in sooner.... this was discussed as for using it to cement a rock sculpture together.... that little bit wouldnt be bad imo....

OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think some ppl use acrylic rods. Good luck and show us some pics and step once you are done.
Yes some people do, I don't want to have spaces in the rocks and I don't have a steady hand so it would be hard for me to drill 1 strait hole through the rocks. Thanks and I will have plenty of pics :) I just spent my b'day money and saving on my light and mp10.... I'm applying at chik fil a so I may have rock next month or the month after. Sucks being 15 :( o well lol.

Aquascaper

Pro: Fish, Inverts
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use any glue whatsoever-
pick the right rock and talk to it nicely and it will fit together...

OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your rocks...and the tray holding your other frags is great. Where do you get one of those?
Lol what are you talking about?
I don't use any glue whatsoever-
pick the right rock and talk to it nicely and it will fit together...
I don't think branches will hold.... and 1 bump... there it all goes lol.

OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news.... went to an LFS about an hour away and they had base rock for $2.39/lb. Problem is those suckers are heavy. I didn't think that rock was that heavy lol, a piece the size of an apple proly weighed 2 lbs. So I think I will have around 40lbs.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back