a3c149e67db80e28645ece983a904c07.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania

The tablets are fine to use, but the downside is you get less "chloroquine base" out of them so you must dose more (which becomes more expensive). The following was taken from Bob Goemans online book, THE LIVING AQUARIUM MANUAL:
In most cases, 250 mg tablets have an equivalence of 150 mg chloroquine base, and 500 mg tablets have an equivalence of 300 mg chloroquine base. Although the purity mentioned above is generally accurate, it would be best to verify the chloroquine base contained in the tablets of your choice in order to be able to properly calculate the exact dosage. Keep in mind if you decide to use the tablets, there are some inactive ingredients, which you may have to deal with, e.g., Camauba Wax, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polyethylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Pregelatinized Starch, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Stearic Acid, and Titanium Dioxide. And as mentioned earlier in this chapter there are occasions where some medicines are not in their pure form (100% pure), i.e., mixed with a substance called a 'carrier,' which should be noted on its label. If so its potency is reduced, and if not sure about the exact amount of medication needed, suggest contacting a more experienced aquarist for the way to resolve this situation.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania

The tablets are fine to use, but the downside is you get less "chloroquine base" out of them so you must dose more (which becomes more expensive). The following was taken from Bob Goemans online book, THE LIVING AQUARIUM MANUAL:
Cost is not an issue, one strip costs 10 cents here.. ;) but what do u think about titanium dioxide??

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt worry about titanium dioxide as i dont believe its reactive, its similar to using ferric oxide or aluminum oxide in tank. Heavy metals are toxic to people too, so i dont believe they want to include those in medications.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish @aykwm

Today I saw that the bacterial infection has completely gone, however I saw 2 tiny white spots, I feel they are ich. What you guys think I should do? Also it's been 48hrs, so will dose furan2 and kana again. It's eating well, still has some issues with lights, hates it but not as much as before.

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe to wait and observe for other symptoms too, might be another infection developing or signs of parasites, still too early to judge if its tiny. For furan and kana yes you need to dose every 48 hours for 10 days.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe to wait and observe for other symptoms too, might be another infection developing or signs of parasites, still too early to judge if its tiny. For furan and kana yes you need to dose every 48 hours for 10 days.
Yup, I just dosed again.. :) eating fine though

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish @aykwm

Why the PT still hates light? Plz check this video, it eats really well though, but looks a bit faded. Is it coz of meds?

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still rapid breathing too, did you finish the two rounds of prazi yet? If you did I recommend to start CP to be on the safe side, might be velvet.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what happens to copperbands much to often and it is not the fault of the fish, but us. A copperband never does well in a bare tank with PVC fittings. I can tell by the way that fish is swimming it is severely stressed and is thinking of nothing else but escaping as you can see him trying to get through the glass with his snout. That is why he is not thinking of food. There is nothing else wrong with that fish except he is over medicated and there is no need for medication of any kind. He just needs a natural tank.
That is the reason copperbands, which are a relatively easy fish, got a bad reputation as a fish that has problems eating.
Just my opinion of course but I have been keeping them almost continuously since the early 70s. Sorry but that is my opinion. :cool:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still rapid breathing too, did you finish the two rounds of prazi yet? If you did I recommend to start CP to be on the safe side, might be velvet.

^^ Agreed; rapid breathing, pale coloration and especially sensitivity to light are all signs of Marine Velvet Disease.

A copperband never does well in a bare tank with PVC fittings.
Shhh... Don't tell this to the dozens of CBBs I've QTd in a bare bottom, rockless tank.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^

Shhh... Don't tell this to the dozens of CBBs I've QTd in a bare bottom, rockless tank.

Your fish hate you. :eek: There "was" nothing wrong with that copperband, but there is now unfortunately.

I am not sure why I have been putting fish into my natural tank for over 40 years and never once had to medicate or dip in anything. I think that copperband in a natural tank would be eating and putting on weight and in a week would be looking for a date. :p

We never think about the fishes state of mind. We need to read their mind and they are easy to read, look into their eyes, even though they have small eyes. :rolleyes:
Remember, they can see you, they can see your living room, look out your door and see the nerdy looking guy across the street washing his car. They see all those open spaces in your home but they can't get there.
A copperband especially needs real hiding places in real rock with real copperband food, not bloodworms which are freshwater anglefish food.
That fish would flourish in a natural tank and there would be no needs for medications of any kind. All I have is Alka Seltzer, but that is for me when I disagree with Humblefish even though we love each other. In a very Manly sore of fishy way. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second round will be on Friday. The 6th day as first was in Sunday, I dose GC. Tomorrow I'll be doing a wc.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ Agreed; rapid breathing, pale coloration and especially sensitivity to light are all signs of Marine Velvet Disease.

So can I dose cp with GC, furan and kana??
How much do I dose? These are 500mg tablets,so how many tablets??

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what happens to copperbands much to often and it is not the fault of the fish, but us. A copperband never does well in a bare tank with PVC fittings. I can tell by the way that fish is swimming it is severely stressed and is thinking of nothing else but escaping as you can see him trying to get through the glass with his snout. That is why he is not thinking of food. There is nothing else wrong with that fish except he is over medicated and there is no need for medication of any kind. He just needs a natural tank.
That is the reason copperbands, which are a relatively easy fish, got a bad reputation as a fish that has problems eating.
Just my opinion of course but I have been keeping them almost continuously since the early 70s. Sorry but that is my opinion. :cool:
So you never treat for disease??

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fish hate you. :eek: There "was" nothing wrong with that copperband, but there is now unfortunately.

I am not sure why I have been putting fish into my natural tank for over 40 years and never once had to medicate or dip in anything. I think that copperband in a natural tank would be eating and putting on weight and in a week would be looking for a date. [emoji14]

We never think about the fishes state of mind. We need to read their mind and they are easy to read, look into their eyes, even though they have small eyes. :rolleyes:
Remember, they can see you, they can see your living room, look out your door and see the nerdy looking guy across the street washing his car. They see all those open spaces in your home but they can't get there.
A copperband especially needs real hiding places in real rock with real copperband food, not bloodworms which are freshwater anglefish food.
That fish would flourish in a natural tank and there would be no needs for medications of any kind. All I have is Alka Seltzer, but that is for me when I disagree with Humblefish even though we love each other. In a very Manly sore of fishy way. :rolleyes:

I have called for masstick. Though, also a new tank as it's in a bucket as my qt cracked

Back