COR Pumps now available!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on the Trident?

The question then becomes...be forced to upgrade to a new Apex to use these new shiny things, or just continue to use my $800+ Apex Classic configuration and then use other pumps and find something else like kh monitor from CoralVue.

Looks like this pump would be compatible with the Apex Classic surprisingly.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question then becomes...be forced to upgrade to a new Apex to use these new shiny things, or just continue to use my $800+ Apex Classic configuration and then use other pumps and find something else like kh monitor from CoralVue.

Looks like this pump would be compatible with the Apex Classic surprisingly.

Neptune has stated that the Trident will require the 2016 Apex due to increased processor requirements that the Apex Classic can't handle. Of the currently available accessories, the EB832 is the only one that is not compatible with the Apex Classic. Everything else in Neptune's lineup is backward compatible with the Apex Classic, including the COR.

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune has stated that the Trident will require the 2016 Apex due to increased processor requirements that the Apex Classic can't handle. Of the currently available accessories, the EB832 is the only one that is not compatible with the Apex Classic. Everything else in Neptune's lineup is backward compatible with the Apex Classic, including the COR.

Sorry for the complete derail of the thread...but it sure would be nice to just purchase an updated control module then versus a whole new setup. $800 for the new Apex + whatever cost of the Trident when its released? Or $550 for the KH Monitor from CoralVue and it currently works with my existing Apex controller.

Yes I realize that you cant expect old hardware to continue running the latest and greatest, but just give me an option for the important part and I can upgrade the EB8s to EB32s, and whatever else as they get older or quit working. They mentioned it was a consideration to sell the main control module separately for around $300 or so...but haven't seen anything yet.

Per a FAQ on the Neptune Website...

Will the new Apex Base Unit be available separately?

Yes, but not immediately following the release. We don’t know when the new base unit will be available as a separate purchase, it could be a few weeks or possibly even a few months.
If you are debating between the new system or holding out for the separate base unit, then consider this —

• EB832 available separately at $250
  • New probes worth $315 if purchased separately. Even if you don’t need them right now they have a 2 year shelf life and you have spares.
  • The classic base unit retails at $285 purchased separately. We haven’t established the retail price on the new base unit yet

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will all preorders be covered in your first shipment received or are you doing unlimited preorders and filling them as you get stock from neptune

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will all preorders be covered in your first shipment received or are you doing unlimited preorders and filling them as you get stock from neptune

Looks like my question was answered lol. The cor 15 is now out of stock for the preorders. Good thing I ordered one yesterday

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back