Coral and fish additions to 25 gal peninsula

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've had my waterbox 25 set up for about a month now, and I've transferred the fish from my previous tank into here.

Pink streaked wrasse
Yellow assessor
Green clown goby x2

I was hoping to get some advice on what corals to start the tank off with that won't take over completely.
I can't figure out how to start with coral, it's a bit overwhelming.
Obviously going to wait until the tank is ready for corals parameter wise though.

Thanks

IMG20240310091948.jpg IMG20240310091944.jpg IMG20240310091938.jpg

OP
OP
LeonardTheWrasse

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the rock from my LFS, this is the only type of 'live' rock we can get in Aus.
It's a really porous dry rock, I think parts of it are old coral skeletons, but I could be wrong.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphyllia is my absolute favorate, but it will out grow your tank over time and you will need to clip it.

I also like Acanlords, Favia. (these probably wont out grow your tank anytime soon).
You can sand bed acans, meaning they do not need to be mounted to rubble, and can sit on sandbed.

Some softies like a toadstool, but that will also outgrow the tank over time.

But id go Acanlords, and Euphyllia (Hammer, Frogspawn, torches).

:D

OP
OP
LeonardTheWrasse

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphyllia is my absolute favorate, but it will out grow your tank over time and you will need to clip it.

I also like Acanlords, Favia. (these probably wont out grow your tank anytime soon).
You can sand bed acans, meaning they do not need to be mounted to rubble, and can sit on sandbed.

Some softies like a toadstool, but that will also outgrow the tank over time.

But id go Acanlords, and Euphyllia (Hammer, Frogspawn, torches).

:D
Thanks for the detailed reply

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly recommend ordering a couple cups of sand from Floridapets and adding that to your tank to increase the bacterial diversity and microfauna. I added a couple bags of mud to my refugium and a couple bags of their live sand to my display and I don't regret it one bit. I have a lot of small filter feeding organisms now in my refugium among other things. It's all real live sand and mud from the florida keys and will only benefit any corals you add in the future.

OP
OP
LeonardTheWrasse

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly recommend ordering a couple cups of sand from Floridapets and adding that to your tank to increase the bacterial diversity and microfauna. I added a couple bags of mud to my refugium and a couple bags of their live sand to my display and I don't regret it one bit. I have a lot of small filter feeding organisms now in my refugium among other things. It's all real live sand and mud from the florida keys and will only benefit any corals you add in the future.
Unfortunately this is not something that I can access in Aus, but thanks for the suggestion, and I'll see whether there's anything similar here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back