Coral Beauty and Pygmy Angel ?

Drummer98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Coral Beauty and a Scopus Tang in QT right now. I just got an opportunity to get a Pygmy Angel for next to nothing.
Would these 3 cohabitate or would I have a fight on my hands? They will be going into my new 60 gal breeder that only has 2 clowns in it so far.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other pigmy angel? A coral beauty is a dwarf pigmy angel. I have not kept two together but have read it can be done. I have also read I didn't work out. I imagine tank and rock scape come into play. I'll be trying a flame angel and coral beauty together in the future because have to move the coral beauty. They'll be going into an 84x30x25 tank tho so I'm optimistic the extra room should help with aggression.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping multiple dwarf angels seem to be hit or miss. It seems to have greater success if they’re added to the tank at the same time.

I’ve currently got a Lemonpeel and a Flame in a 10 gallon QT and they are getting along perfectly. They’re headed to an 80 gallon DT in a few weeks so long as they keep behaving.

Just make sure you have a backup plan if it doesn’t work out.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These three fish can be very aggressive. As said above, often works better when fish are added simultaneously rather than giving one of them a head start at setting up territory. A 60 gallon tank may not give them enough individual territory, so watch closley.

OP
OP
Drummer98

Drummer98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Coral Beauty and the Scopus are getting along just fine in the 10 gal QT. It may be safer to pass on the Cherub as he would have to go in that same QT with them and then start the qt time all over again.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back