Coral Beauty has ich

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys So I got a coral beauty around 1-2 weeks ago. It no so active but also I recently noticed it looked like it got ich. I have raised the temperature to 85. Any other tips? I will post picture asap.

palvyre

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raising temp doesn't help for marine ich. You are just going to further stress your fish.

OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alrighty got some photo and will setup my 10 gallon for now.
DSCN1265.jpg

OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 clowns 2 damsels and 1 mandarin. No the damsels aren't picking on him.

RalphsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get the CB out for treatment, that is advised. However, unless you get the other fish out and let your main tank run without fish for 8 weeks (I think it is 8, might be more or less), ich can come back. Something stressed your CB in order to have the ich show up on it. Probably being the new fish in the tank is what did it. Either that, or the stress from moving from where it was captured, to the wholesaler, to the LFS, then to your tank in a relatively short amount of time.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jarettc16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck trying to save him. do u have a uv light. . i added a powder blue tank awhile back & i went through 8 weeks of battling ich w/ him & thought i got him through it to only have the ich return again two weeks later & then i lost him. i used kick-ich, but only used one cycle plus i didnt shut my tank skimmer down the first time. i was not comfortable w/ doing that.

OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have put up the heat 4 degresse. Coral beauty is getting better. Thank for the great help!

Jarettc16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be careful thinking he is better. dont know if you have ever dealt w/ ich before but it runs in 3 to 4 days cycle. Fish will start clearing up but yet 3 days later they start to come back and it just continues to cycle like that for up to 2 months. basically the i think the ich lives in ur sand bed. Trust me if you see the ich, the fish is infested w/ it. basically the fish will have it and then the ich dies off the fish and then just re-hatches or something like that is the way i understand it. Ich can be a true pain to get rid of
good luck
Well I have put up the heat 4 degresse. Coral beauty is getting better. Thank for the great help!

OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I will need to do some sifitng. It werid though because no other fish got it.

RalphsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be careful with raising the temperature. By my calculations and based upon your post that it was initially raised to 85, it is now 89 degrees with the 4 degrees you just added. I could see some palythoa in the pic you posted. If you have more coral in the tank, they are not going to like those temperatures.

OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no... My temperature was at around 79 when I bump it up to 4 degrees. Coral are looking happy even after a +4 increase.

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do realize that in higher temperatures, not only are you increasing the metabolism of your fish (and consequently need to feed them more to compensate), but you're also increasing the metabolism of the parasite and are just dooming your fish. If the attack is already to that scale, you need to pull all of your fish and treat them with Cupramine for 14-21 days, and leave your tank free of fish for 72 days. If you had done any research on Cryptocaryon irritans, you would have already known that.

Marine Ich - Myths and Facts

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back