Coral Beauty Hiding!

WRB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a Coral beauty to my DT a couple weeks ago, used my regular acclamation process, was reclusive for about a day and then found food, friends and the rest of the tank (125g). Then yesterday I look and find hm hiding in his favorite cave and he won't venture out even for chow. This a.m he's hiding so well I can't find him.
No-one was pestering him that I know of and I'm not thrilled about upsetting the entire tank moving decor around to locate him. Even with the tank lights off and room lighting alone I'm not seeing him venture out to eat. Day 2 of not seeing him eat like a pig.
By all measure before this he was an exceptional addition. Any ideas?

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple tang been doing the same thing for 4 weeks although he does leave the cave for 2 seconds to grab food

OP
OP
W

WRB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be fine if I knew he was sneaking food, especially since he was eating and socilizing so well 48 hrs ago. :(

OP
OP
W

WRB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I couldn't take it and move a couple pieces of decore, thought I got lucky because he darted across the tank and hid again. Walked away only to come back and he was out in the open lying on his side.
I have him in a quarantine tank, no obvious issues but breathing fast and appears to have balance issues. No injuries and colors are good. Internal Parasites?
This is a fish only tank and water parameters and other occupants are acting normal and eating, and then acting like they haven't been fed!
My Semi-circle angel was the one who picked on him for half a day weeks ago, everyone else acted like they were besties or he didn't esist at all.
So frustrating.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back