Coral beauty

Shane2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found a small coral beauty, maybe a little over 2”. I have 5 firefish, royal gramma, small clownfish, lawnmower blenny. Corals- leather toadstool green star polyps, hammer coral. Two cleaner shrimp. 70gallon tank. Does size of coral beauty make any difference or being last new fish in the tank? I really need a fish that stands out. My favorite is the flame angel but hear to many nightmare stories.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found a small coral beauty, maybe a little over 2”. I have 5 firefish, royal gramma, small clownfish, lawnmower blenny. Corals- leather toadstool green star polyps, hammer coral. Two cleaner shrimp. 70gallon tank. Does size of coral beauty make any difference or being last new fish in the tank? I really need a fish that stands out. My favorite is the flame angel but hear to many nightmare stories.
With any angel you take a risk....

I went for a cherub angel, 5 months into having it all was fine, then one night it changed its mind and pecked away my entire NPS gorgonian. All fish are different, have different personalities.

If you want an angel, go for the angel you really want, but have the idea in your head that he/she may potentially go rogue one day LOL

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CB, and an Eibli in a 90. CB model citizen 4 years (yours may be different), Eibli if well fed bothers nothing....
My stock in terms of corals mostly softies like you, Leathers, Kenya, Xenia, Duncan, various mushrooms, Orange Tree Gorg, trying out a Monti frag....

Your stock list has me going against the grain of the others here and saying do it. Your corals are on the less expensive side of things by sounds of it, exception perhaps Hammer....Or perhaps try the Flame if that is your true penchant. You can always re-home a fish if its not working out.
Risk can sometimes bring reward....and my Pygmy Angels have personality lol.
Size should not make huge difference with your current inhabitants imo. Perfect for a 70 g

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shane2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CB, and an Eibli in a 90. CB model citizen 4 years (yours may be different), Eibli if well fed bothers nothing....
My stock in terms of corals mostly softies like you, Leathers, Kenya, Xenia, Duncan, various mushrooms, Orange Tree Gorg, trying out a Monti frag....

Your stock list has me going against the grain of the others here and saying do it. Your corals are on the less expensive side of things by sounds of it, exception perhaps Hammer....Or perhaps try the Flame if that is your true penchant. You can always re-home a fish if its not working out.
Risk can sometimes bring reward....and my Pygmy Angels have personality lol.
Size should not make huge difference with your current inhabitants imo. Perfect for a 70 g
I am not as worried about the corals as it being aggressive towards my other fish and my cleaner shrimp.

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably be okay in there. Provide lots of swimming room and/or rocks to swim through, adventures for it to have. All these angels have different personalities.

MD51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was in the same boat last week. Some of the same tank mates. RSM E-260 so 56 gallon main display & needed to add the final pc - went with a juvenile Powder Brown over the others that I considered ie: Coral Beauty, Flame, Lp Angels. Should be the last fish you add.

20180529-988F-4283-8D9D-27799C1722AA.jpeg B65A97F6-675E-41C7-84F6-5DE499397B73.jpeg

Last edited:

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not as worried about the corals as it being aggressive towards my other fish and my cleaner shrimp.
Should be ok with that crew, I'd be more concerned if there were larger fish present or another angel...will likely establish its space fairly quickly, act as boss a bit, Gramma not as aggressive as Dottyback so shouldn't mind too much.

OP
OP
S

Shane2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably be okay in there. Provide lots of swimming room and/or rocks to swim through, adventures for it to have. All these angels have different personalities.
This one is with larger fish at the moment. So
My rock work is caribsea life rock. two big caves on each end and rest is arches and nano arches. Plenty to swim through.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back