Coral Colors with Fauna Marin Color Elements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Did i understand it correctly that you Dose the ColorElements in the 2 Part Containers included the other stuff you said ?

grds claude

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Did i understand it correctly that you Dose the ColorElements in the 2 Part Containers included the other stuff you said ?

grds claude

If this is for me no not the CE I'm talking about the balling light trace 1,2,3 will be adding it to my two part system.

SnoQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the balling light calc/alk/mag and am very happy with it. I just purchased the 3 Trace Elements, which can be added to the balling solutions. I also bought the 3 Color Elements. Do I understand correctly that I shouldn't use both? If that's the case, is there a recommendation on which one I should go with?

I have a 180g mixed reef - slightly more on the LPS side but I'm getting more & more SPS now.

If they are similar I'd probably stick with the Trace Elemens since I wouldn't have to manually dose.

Last edited:

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the balling light calc/alk/mag and am very happy with it. I just purchased the 3 Trace Elements, which can be added to the balling solutions. I also bought the 3 Color Elements. Do I understand correctly that I shouldn't use both? If that's the case, is there a recommendation on which one I should go with?

I have a 180g mixed reef - slightly more on the LPS side but I'm getting more & more SPS now.

If they are similar I'd probably stick with the Trace Elemens since I wouldn't have to manually dose.

My understanding is that you can use both in conjunction. Start with 50% of the color elements and slowly increase it.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I will say this I added the balling light trace 123 to my two brs two part and it has only been a week and I'm very happy colors are increasing all my corals are open. Let's see what happens I'm a month.

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. What I've seen Claude say in other forums is the balling light is a closed system. So you don't really take it into consideration when dosing Amino's or other FM elements.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm only dosing the light and I also add amino acids. Don't really think I need the color elements as I'm adding color already with the trace elements

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm only dosing the light and I also add amino acids. Don't really think I need the color elements as I'm adding color already with the trace elements

That's what I've seen mostly. The color elements are if you're lacking color for some reason but if your happy no reason to add more stuff to your tank.

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. They dont look stressed at all. More like Blessed. lol

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 164 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back