Coral Placement / Tank feedback

dionis2508

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, two months ago I decided to switch over from freshwater to saltwater tanks and I'm trying to get the hang of things. I'm currently working with a Waterbox 20 Cube, AI Prime 16HD Reef, Nero 5, live sand, and live rocks. After making sure the tank was fully cycled I decided to get my frags and I'm still trying to figure out the correct placement for things. I was hoping to get some guidance/feedback on the placement of my corals as well as the set up of my rocks. I've seen tanks with much more rocks and I feel like I'm limited in space so I'm not sure if I'm missing rocks or if I'm okay. I currently have 20lbs of rocks.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out what fishes to get for the tank to complete it. I currently only have a blood shrimp and two snails and a blue leg crab. I used to have a pair of clowns but they died from brooklynella due to my lack of knowledge at the time. Most likely I will be getting a new pair soon.

IMG_0611.jpg

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Watch out about your green star polyps on the main rock structure. It will quickly spread and will cover the entire structure in no time. Consider making a GSP island.
2) As far as rock is concerned, it's completely a personal preference. Some people like it minimalistic and others enjoy proving tons of nooks/crannies for their fish/inverts to play/hide in.
3) Long term, you might find the aussie lord is happier a bit lower, but that's just a general trend- you'll have to see how it's color is and how "bubbly it is"
4) What fish were you leaning towards (beyond clowns). I'm a big fan of gobies/blennies in tanks of this size. Tons of personality and most are extremely peaceful.

Back