Coral Question

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm planning to pick up some LPS and Soft coral next week and I'm wondering if my tank is matured enough and ready for coral.
ammonia:0
nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20
My tank is about 3-4 weeks old with 2 clownfisn and 2 turbo snails (they're doing great!) and I'm using the aquaknight a029 on my 29 gallon aqueon tank and I'm wondering if I'm in the clear to be able to get some.
Thank you

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,i would suggest a small "tester" frag or two,on the cheap side,see how they do in a week or so before spending $$$.. :)

Upvote 2

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm planning to pick up some LPS and Soft coral next week and I'm wondering if my tank is matured enough and ready for coral.
ammonia:0
nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20
My tank is about 3-4 weeks old with 2 clownfisn and 2 turbo snails (they're doing great!) and I'm using the aquaknight a029 on my 29 gallon aqueon tank and I'm wondering if I'm in the clear to be able to get some.
Thank you
What's your calc, alk, and other parameters relevant to coral-keeping?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi ,i would suggest a small "tester" frag or two,on the cheap side,see how they do in a week or so before spending $$$.. :)
I picked up a green Duncan and a yellow watchmen goby on Sunday and they're doing great! Fed the coral and they're bigger than ever, Looking good so far, Thank you for your Idea!

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back