Coralife BioCube LED canopy

BlueSallymandr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have an older Oceanic Biocube 14 that I picked up used and am running as my first beginner reef tank. One of the fluorescent bulbs just died, and when I went looking for a replacement found that they had been discontinued apparently? (correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw other threads about this on here). I read a bit about the Steve's LED retrofit kit but it's a little expensive and I'm worried it would be overkill for the softie reef I'm working on. I want a complete hood because I have a firefish and am planning on more gobies. Does anyone have experience with the Coralife BioCube LED canopy? It gets good reviews on Amazon but I thought I would ask here too.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am familiar with the new canopies but unfortunately, they only fit the Coralife Tanks. The old Oceanic have a different lid profile and these won't swap out for them. If you have an oceanic then your best bet is a DIY solution.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have an older Oceanic Biocube 14 that I picked up used and am running as my first beginner reef tank. One of the fluorescent bulbs just died, and when I went looking for a replacement found that they had been discontinued apparently? (correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw other threads about this on here). I read a bit about the Steve's LED retrofit kit but it's a little expensive and I'm worried it would be overkill for the softie reef I'm working on. I want a complete hood because I have a firefish and am planning on more gobies. Does anyone have experience with the Coralife BioCube LED canopy? It gets good reviews on Amazon but I thought I would ask here too.
Found this..

Send your hood to them type thing..
Pictures shown in listing are on a actual Oceanic Bio-Cube 14G aquarium hood with 45W LED retrofit upgrade. This auction offers total of 65W. (This listing is ONLY for Oceanic Bio14 hood, will not work with Coralife Bio14)

OP
OP
B

BlueSallymandr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to say thank you to you both! I am not super handy so I went with the eBay seller (ProSpectrum LED). By chance, I live near them so the job is already done and my corals and I are enjoying the new LEDs. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else finds this thread :)

Merry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two biocubes, one is the Oceanic 28 gallon and the other is the 32. I replaced the lights with StevesLEDS and they are great. Most of my corals are softies and you can set your parameters as you like, plus they are a great helpful company to deal with. I even sent my one hood to them and they refit everything for me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back