Corals not doing good please help

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I did not get a chance to take those dang color pebbles out I turned off skimmer for the night and is currently off to see if I seen improvement
At this point, enough has changed. If it's starting to come back out I wouldn't change anything else. Leave the skimmer cup off till you are at between 5 and 10 nitrites. Don't keep messing with it. Let it do it's thing.

OP
OP
T

Town-916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is my tank with the same settings and lights. Just have them higher above the water line. More than enough light for multiple species.
20180417_200656.jpg
Nice I was just going to ask for a pic too. I will try lower light Setting a little bit more since I have 2 of those lights for my tank I think it might be a little bit too much I was thinking since their Chinese offbrand lights they were not as strong .

nemlover91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I was just going to ask for a pic too. I will try lower light Setting a little bit more since I have 2 of those lights for my tank I think it might be a little bit too much I was thinking since their Chinese offbrand lights they were not as strong .

I thought the same when I bought them. But found they are the exact opposite. I tried turning them up a little more a couple weeks ago. Boy did things look to be going south. Everything was closing up early and my carpet anemone wanted to move to a shaded area. When that thing moves destruction usually follows. lol I turned them back down to the original settings, and everything went back to normal.

OP
OP
T

Town-916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought the same when I bought them. But found they are the exact opposite. I tried turning them up a little more a couple weeks ago. Boy did things look to be going south. Everything was closing up early and my carpet anemone wanted to move to a shaded area. When that thing moves destruction usually follows. lol I turned them back down to the original settings, and everything went back to normal.
I did notice that they would try to close earlier then scheduled.

OP
OP
T

Town-916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the signs of light intensity. Either raise them higher, lower the settings, or reduce the time they are on... that will fix the problem if it is light.
You guys are all great and patient it is all very much appreciated.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back