Coralvue Hydros System and Flow Sensor

MGarvo2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m currently considering the Coralvue Hydros system for my tanks. I would love to get a Hydros Flow Sensor for my return, but the reviews I’ve read report the sensor’s internal diameter restricts the flow by as much as 1/4” or more. I have a 1.5” return. Is it ridiculous to think I could buy a 2” Flow Sensor and use a couple 2”-1.5” reducers to avoid restricting my return? Would that cause the sensor to give false lower flow readings? Is it possible it would not work properly in some other way?
if anyone with experience with this sensor, or the Coralvue system as a whole, could weigh in and provide thoughts about how well it functions, that would also be very appreciated!​

OP
OP
M

MGarvo2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious why you need to know the exact flow of your return? Pump rating and head height will get you close with no restriction or component to fail.
I suppose I don’t. Just another toy, really. Could be a monitor to alert me of any partial obstructions or needing to clean my return, I suppose?

OP
OP
M

MGarvo2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I’m pretty adept at burning money on reefing. Aren’t we all???
Primarily, just thinking of the flow meter as fluff. The other features are the “why.”

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about the same exact situation. What did you end up doing? It appears that no one actually inputted any information regarding your specific question.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back