Court Jester Goby - Conspecific Agression?

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these little guys (from Biota) and he’s been doing great, growing, active, very good community fish. Was thinking about adding a couple more but can’t find a lot on how they do in groups. Do these fish get along with other members of the same species?

Tank is 75 gallon.

elamatts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had multiple pairs together before in small tanks without issue. Most I’ve gone up to is 3. I wouldn’t say they were necessarily “schooling” but they at least tolerated each other… a 75g should be enough room for them to get away from each other should the need arise. They’re pretty small guys. If you’re worried about it, get a Hector’s goby! I pair them with the Court Jester’s all the time

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these little guys (from Biota) and he’s been doing great, growing, active, very good community fish. Was thinking about adding a couple more but can’t find a lot on how they do in groups. Do these fish get along with other members of the same species?

Tank is 75 gallon.
They’re alright in small groups however they do best solitary or paired. They aren’t naturally found in large groups and are found either solitary or in small groups of 3-4.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 52 53.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back