Crashed Star Destroyer Scape

Globe182jp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
As a Star Wars Nerd I always wanted a Star Wars tank even tried to made a Hoth inspired tank back in the day. For this Nuvo 14 I reached out to Chandler Rocks to build a crashed star destroyer scape. It soon turned into much much more
Enjoy the pics
Jake

Inspiration picture
IMG_3439.jpeg

ChandlerRocks built scape
IMG_3365.png

Great base and was pretty happy but just did not give me the feel I wanted so I went down a rabbit hole.

IMG_3397.jpeg

IMG_3402.jpeg

IMG_3407.jpeg

Stopped here thinking I was happy with the mods. Showed some friends and then dove headfirst into ship building

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3412.jpeg

IMG_3418.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

Once the shape was set started adding damage and details. I know eventually it will be covered but I was on a roll, almost don’t wanna put it in a salt water tank anymore haha. Now here it is as of today

IMG_3445.jpeg

IMG_3448.jpeg

IMG_3447.jpeg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
As a Star Wars Nerd I always wanted a Star Wars tank even tried to made a Hoth inspired tank back in the day. For this Nuvo 14 I reached out to Chandler Rocks to build a crashed star destroyer scape. It soon turned into much much more
Enjoy the pics
Jake

Inspiration picture
IMG_3439.jpeg

IMG_3365.png

Great base and was pretty happy but just did not give me the feel I wanted so I went down a rabbit hole.

IMG_3397.jpeg

IMG_3402.jpeg

IMG_3407.jpeg

Stopped here thinking I was happy with the mods. Showed some friends and then dove headfirst into ship building

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3412.jpeg

IMG_3418.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

Once the shape was set started adding damage and details. I know eventually it will be covered but I was on a roll, almost don’t wanna put it in a salt water tank anymore haha. Now here it is as of today

IMG_3445.jpeg

IMG_3448.jpeg

IMG_3447.jpeg
Wow, I have never seen something g like this, but I love it!

Do you plan to put corals on it, or leave it as is and let algae grow on it, or keep it clean?

OP
OP
G

Globe182jp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s going be my isolation tank for my larger tank so minimal light no corals. I’m looking to use a dye or paint to cover the top in a light grey make it look more like the reference picture. Prob keep it as clean as I can for a while haha

Or go opposite and make it a betta tank

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
Enjoy the pics
Jake

Inspiration picture
IMG_3439.jpeg

IMG_3365.png

IMG_3397.jpeg

IMG_3402.jpeg

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3412.jpeg

IMG_3418.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3445.jpeg

IMG_3448.jpeg

IMG_3447.jpeg
Nerd approved.

Rob Biederman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is epic. Thank you for sharing. I know you want to keep it clean but I think will look great covered in coralline algae

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a fellow Star Wars fan, I can appreciate the idea -- my friends and I stood in line to see the original in 1977 at least 13 times that first summer (back when going to a theater was the only option).
*for my tank I lean more towards natural ocean-looking but I applaud your approach

Here's an old picture of my urchin carrying some "Yoda ears" that my kids bought me:
*you could go for a Darth Vader helmet or something to fit your motif

urchin_hat1.jpeg

Rob Biederman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a fellow Star Wars fan, I can appreciate the idea -- my friends and I stood in line to see the original in 1977 at least 13 times that first summer (back when going to a theater was the only option).
*for my tank I lean more towards natural ocean-looking but I applaud your approach

Here's an old picture of my urchin carrying some "Yoda ears" that my kids bought me:
*you could go for a Darth Vader helmet or something to fit your motif

urchin_hat1.jpeg
I have mushrooms on a Vader helmet. Vader is in the Last of Us .

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty awesome. Great way to make an isolation tank interesting. I actually prefer the original rustic version as something I could sneak into my display and see if anyone notices.

OP
OP
G

Globe182jp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I can honestly remeber. Born in 85 but grew up watching the original trilogy on Beta Max tapes we copied from the local video store. Always been interested in the ships especially the capital ships like executor SSD and Home One. But all time Fav is the B-wing

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back