Criticism

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many really accept criticism? Can you? Do you like being told no?

If you post on here be ready for it because no matter how bad we may want something to work, it just wont sometimes.

But realize if you do feel like you're being criticized that it's only because someone doesn't want you making a mistake or messing up and nothing else said had worked.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HA!

True comments!

Chad c.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accept it daily, I'm married.....

Lol :D

Very true!

I believe that criticism is necessary to help someone realize a different point of view. Without it, your bound to let history repeat itself.

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see if we can get some of the newer folks 2 see this.

Most of the folks that post on here that this isn't their jobs, nor are they salesmen/saleswomen, but just trying to help. While this hobby can be pushed, there are still certain no no's. Please research any living creature before buying and think about them because you'll have a much nicer tank if you do.

Fish are living creatures 2.

JackDE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general I don't take criticism constructive or otherwise very well. It is a flaw that I am working on. When it comes to my aquarium. I absolutely nothing and I hang on to all of your every words. My husband (yes I'm a female) says I don't even wipe the glass on my tank without researching it on here first. lol.

When do I get to rid myself of the "new" title?

ou12004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe every one on this forum has great intentions, but the way the criticism is delivered can put people off. If someone is asking questions on a public forum they are looking for advice usually and not criticism. I don't know anyone personally who enjoys criticism but a lot of us are married so I may (must) be wrong on this point. People are more open to being told " Really happy to see you get into reefing, here are a couple things that will make you more successful." vs. " What were you thinking, your tank is to small for that fish, You got an anemone with a 2 month old tank what a dumb move, etc." This forum has helped me greatly and I hope people will continue to share their experience in a positive way and to make new reefers feel welcome.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe every one on this forum has great intentions, but the way the criticism is delivered can put people off. If someone is asking questions on a public forum they are looking for advice usually and not criticism. I don't know anyone personally who enjoys criticism but a lot of us are married so I may (must) be wrong on this point. People are more open to being told " Really happy to see you get into reefing, here are a couple things that will make you more successful." vs. " What were you thinking, your tank is to small for that fish, You got an anemone with a 2 month old tank what a dumb move, etc." This forum has helped me greatly and I hope people will continue to share their experience in a positive way and to make new reefers feel welcome.
I believe that when we say "Constructive Criticism" we mean a positive feedback verses criticizing your post or system.:) I for one welcome and positive feedback to my posts because I know I don't know everything about this hobby.;) I hope that no one ever gets the feeling that I'm are being over critical of what you say or what your opinion is about my system. I always try to give the best feedback I can with what I've learned through 20+ years of reefing. I believe that the majority of folks on this forum are only giving feedback that will help you be successful and enjoy your reefing experience without having to learn things the hard way as we all have. JMHO;) Happy Reefing!!:)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back