Cycling a Fishless cycle

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I urge all readers to follow Dan_P and Taricha's work done independently in the chemistry and the research forums

they do reef tank microbiological testing of filtration capacity, go into their avatar and select "find all threads" and look at their body of work in reef tank cycle ready dates and ability

do you see any 10 day patterns in their work> updated cycling science uses clues posted by tens of thousands of web forum people to discern new rules of cycling and to determine where old cycling science got things wrong and caused the loss of lots of fish for us ironically.

updated cycling science saves fish, because it values disease preps over anything after day ten and knows when to ignore or not even use any cheap test kits that might mislead, and distract us from disease preps after day ten of any common cycling approach. by focusing so much and so fast on disease vs ammonia control, we address the real changing needs of today's cycles. the people who make bottle bac already knew tens of millions of tanks would be ready by day ten, they just let us wrestle back and forth over ready dates so we'll keep adding more and more bacteria thinking the first dose might not have been enough :)

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you mind if I link your thread and chart to some updated cycling science threads

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this means if you do a big water change right now, and then add life, your reef will be up and running. whatever red sea reads during the process won't matter at all. I have a nine page collection of red sea ammonia misreads causing several reef tanks ranging 2 years to 5 years old to think their cycle had stalled. you were still able to extract the needed data above in your chart even with that kit though. that was a neat part of the post I thought.

this is 10th day clue # 23, 595 I've seen so far in web posts.

being positive that your cycle was done a while back without seeing any more details on the system is updated cycling science vs old.

OP
OP
M

masja205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you mind if I link your thread and chart to some updated cycling science threads
I don't mind at all! would be great to see more of these threads so I can learn a bit more of what you had mentioned above. I appreciate the time you took to explain the science of what might be happening, and really keen to learn more :) (googling it now haha)

OP
OP
M

masja205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this means if you do a big water change right now, and then add life, your reef will be up and running. whatever red sea reads during the process won't matter at all. I have a nine page collection of red sea ammonia misreads causing several reef tanks ranging 2 years to 5 years old to think their cycle had stalled. you were still able to extract the needed data above in your chart even with that kit though. that was a neat part of the post I thought.

this is 10th day clue # 23, 595 I've seen so far in web posts.

being positive that your cycle was done a while back without seeing any more details on the system is updated cycling science vs old.
25 gal Reef Tank Cycle (1).png

FYI, this is the current update.. the nitrites are rising a fair amount than before and ammonia seems to slowly be dropping... are you suggesting a water change now?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back