Cycling an Aquarium

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your cycle has been done a while, that's ten day bacteria max already well known

Your ready date was March 25th.

The reason it seems it's taking over a month:

-Opting for open ended wait cycling via testing (old cycling science) vs updated cycling science which tells you it was done thee weeks ago having never factored any test kit given (misreads are rife in troubleshoots. We don't factor relayed test results we count how many days your particular cycle approach has been in stew)

- threads like this one that don't relay that option fairly to readers and only promotes the old ways that cost you extra time and money and are never going to tell you about fish disease coming up. Keeping updated cycling science from you isn't fair.

So to fix your cycle, here's the thread your cycle end date just now came from:

Updated cycling science:

That's 42 pages of exact cycle date calls and no testing, how are we doing

next advised step is three days straight reading in the disease forum to learn how stocking order of fish highly impacts them being alive still in eight months, vs winging it with no preps

You'll see no prep impacts in the short study time

Your cycle was already done based on number of days running after using dr tims, no other factor matters as long as it's a normal reef tank

Fish disease is the risk to your fish, a profound delayed risk. Updated cycling science already had a formula for your tanks cycle completion date even if you'd bought no tests.

Don't run any more ammonia tests or nitrites here, ever. All aim is to disease preps now and acclimation steps

Running those tests any further while interpreting those results through the lens of old cycling science will only cause hesitation and more cost and no focus on disease preps

Your cycle was fully done on March 25th for reefing purposes. We don't factor nitrite at all in updated cycling science, see how the new rules chop away at concerns and focus solely on disease? It's better this way. We have zero stuck cycles there four years running

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back