alien eye
carlito-alien-eye2.jpg

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not to derail the thread or be a name snob...but are you sure those are Sunny Ds? I saw someone else post those in the MI forum as Sunny Ds and they don't look like mine. They look like the one Paradise Corals is selling which look just a tad different from Raptor's Rainbows.

I got mine from flricordea and they look identical to Vivid's Rainbows, which I thought was where they originated: http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=05-5315-10&Category=Coral%20And%20Invertebrates:polyps&SortBy=Price

The tentacles on mine are more banded, without the flecking, and the centers have sort of a double ring pattern like the Vivid photo. Base color is a lot more orange too. No malice intended, just trying to get my names straight :) Yours are very nice too!

-Tim

P.S. BTW I think you take the best polyp photos of any I have seen! The dark shadows and contrast is awesome!

OP
OP
bella127

bella127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to derail the thread or be a name snob...but are you sure those are Sunny Ds? I saw someone else post those in the MI forum as Sunny Ds and they don't look like mine. They look like the one Paradise Corals is selling which look just a tad different from Raptor's Rainbows.

I got mine from flricordea and they look identical to Vivid's Rainbows, which I thought was where they originated: Buy Rainbow Palys Online | Vivid Aquariums

The tentacles on mine are more banded, without the flecking, and the centers have sort of a double ring pattern like the Vivid photo. Base color is a lot more orange too. No malice intended, just trying to get my names straight :) Yours are very nice too!

-Tim

P.S. BTW I think you take the best polyp photos of any I have seen! The dark shadows and contrast is awesome!

These are from Tomasz from paradise corals. These are the ones that have no name and I was told they were sunny d's . Not offended at all I encourage dialogue as it creates conversation and gets everybody on the same page.Thanks therman

pete

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are my Sunny D's..

sunnyD-1.jpg

OP
OP
bella127

bella127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite a difference rev. I like yours much better!:wink:

OP
OP
bella127

bella127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple new pics . These are in another tank that is not mine.

Mandarin oranges

DSC_0020.jpg

Captain America

DSC_0097.jpg

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev. are you sure yours are sunny Ds as well? yours look more like the Vivid Rainbows? but it could just be that its so close? My Sunny Ds are really green with yellow and some orange but not too much ill have to put a pic up.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev. are you sure yours are sunny Ds as well? yours look more like the Vivid Rainbows? but it could just be that its so close? My Sunny Ds are really green with yellow and some orange but not too much ill have to put a pic up.

I was gonna say the same thing, but those looked to purty to complain!

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC03614.jpg

here is a pretty good pic, the sunny Ds up top then the Vivid Rainbows and Raptors Rainbows are at the bottom right.

Railrider1920

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bella,
You take some really great photos. What kind of camera are you shooting with? DSLR w/ macro or a good P+S? How about a full tank shot?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back