Dead royal gramma

jshaw1980

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, need some help if possible ..my royal gramma just died after only having this guy for a month. Found him dead today, was eating fine as of last night but has been hiding frequently the past few days but coming out to eat. Had another gramma previously that only lasted a few months. My other tank mates are a clown and pygmy angel. Water parameters are all in check and baffled as to what’s killing these grammas. Other two fish look fine, no signs of ich, I posted a pic of the latest deceased gramma and noticed some whiteness to its body. Is this Ich or some other fish disease? And if so, are my other two fish more more tolerant/immune (no white dots or discoloration on them at all)? Is my angel fish attacking them? I haven’t noticed any aggression and as of last night this fish looked fine, no discoloration or white dots.. Any help would be appreciated!

37635AFB-3F3D-43E3-BF5B-C218FE0E5056.jpeg 0407517D-A015-44D6-83F6-F6A0F6D8ED4B.jpeg

Last edited:

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry bud, and know it hurts.

Hard to tell but in my experience Grammas are "pugnacious" not overly aggressive but rarely bullied - certainly more robust than Pygmys

Consider them to be excellent beginner fish and have never lost one (one in each of 3 tanks

so hard to say, but would have a QT tank set up in case you need it for the angel....

others will comment, but it was likely harvested in the Caribbean, so likely safe capture, and it could be bad luck

OP
OP
jshaw1980

jshaw1980

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hard to tell but in my experience Grammas are "pugnacious" not overly aggressive but rarely bullied - certainly more robust than Pygmys

Consider them to be excellent beginner fish and have never lost one (one in each of 3 tanks

so hard to say, but would have a QT tank set up in case you need it for the angel....

others will comment, but it was likely harvested in the Caribbean, so likely safe capture, and it could be bad luck

I appreciate this, thank you! Good idea on the quarantine. Going to get that running this weekend in case it’s needed.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 185 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back