deep blue rr 75 rimless custom stand

jswo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm designing a stand for the tank and trying to fit a separate compartment on the far right side that would only be about 6 inches deep for my apex gold. I would have a door on that side to access it. My question is for this particular tank would I be better off getting a smaller sump to make sure it fits or get the bigger sump and mount apex up high to the back of the stand.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for the bigger sump, you can always get a longer aqua bus cable and have the controller elsewhere. I have my controller in a closet and used a 15ft aqua bus cable to control a EB 8 under the stand.

OP
OP
J

jswo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for the bigger sump, you can always get a longer aqua bus cable and have the controller elsewhere. I have my controller in a closet and used a 15ft aqua bus cable to control a EB 8 under the stand.
If you have the eb8 in the stand whats the advantage of putting the controller in a closet? I was thinking the eb8 was maybe the most fragile as far as saltwater goes.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the eb8 in the stand whats the advantage of putting the controller in a closet? I was thinking the eb8 was maybe the most fragile as far as saltwater goes.
our you purchasing the new Apex or the gold/classic?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back