Delayed delivery and DOA guarantee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TCK Corals @TCK Corals Web ,

I have a 9 frag shipment expected to arrive today. However, it has been stuck in Indianapolis since 1am this morning. I'm in California, so there is little chance it gets here by the promised 12noon PST time (10am now). I called FedEx, who confirmed the shipment is indeed still in Indianapolis. I explained the nature of the package, being live coral and temperature dependencies. They said they will contact that hub, but could not provide an updated delivery date or time.

If, for some reason, the shipment doesn't arrive until tomorrow, will you extend your DOA guarantee to account for the delivery delay? I have a couple of pricey pieces in there that I do not want to lose. Thanks!

OP
OP
T

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TCK Corals @TCK Corals Web @Coral Websites

FedEx has now updated the delivery date to tomorrow. Can you advise on how you handle such situations?

delay.png

vonz939

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
From experience from being a customer from TCK Corals they ship well so your corals should be fine but if they are DOA you can contact TCK if that’s where you order from id recommend through there website and they should open a case with fedex and TCK will most likely send you replacement corals.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the delay is out of our control, and is in the hands of fedex. Please send us a list of any DOAs once you receive the package. The pieces may be a little stressed from the extended trip, and a little cold so take care to acclimate them if they are still alive.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks.. I'm in California too and feel fedex has been kind of crap lately. Hope your corals make it

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That stinks.. I'm in California too and feel fedex has been kind of crap lately. Hope your corals make it
Have similar issues with FedEx in Florida. Something’s wrong when you are relieved a package actually shows up on time LOL

TCK is an awesome vendor and hope your corals are ok!

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a 9 frag shipment expected to arrive today. However, it has been stuck in Indianapolis since 1am this morning. I'm in California, so there is little chance it gets here by the promised 12noon PST time (10am now). I called FedEx, who confirmed the shipment is indeed still in Indianapolis. I explained the nature of the package, being live coral and temperature dependencies. They said they will contact that hub, but could not provide an updated delivery date or time.

If, for some reason, the shipment doesn't arrive until tomorrow, will you extend your DOA guarantee to account for the delivery delay? I have a couple of pricey pieces in there that I do not want to lose. Thanks!
Omg that Indianapolis hub is a piece of crap they ALWAYS delay if there’s ever a delay

OP
OP
T

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took delivery today, and none were DOA, and in fact looked pretty good! The frags were triple-bagged, with a heat pack included. Did a slow acclimation and polyps were out pretty quickly after tank introduction.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your experience with FedEx could be worse. I recently placed a coral order with a source in Maine for delivery to NJ. It was shipped on Thursday for a Friday delivery. For reasons I was never advised of, it spent Thursday night in Virginia (at a FedEx Hub?). On Saturday the FedEx notifications said it was out for delivery. As the day wore on, I found out that the shipment wouldn't be delivered until Monday, because payment for a Saturday delivery hadn't been made, (duh?). I got creative and showed up at my local FedEx delivery hub with all the info I had available. The local FedEx rep was able to determine that my shipment was still at their site and was not out for delivery. He kindly located my shipment and turned it over to me with my driver's license as an ID. It was really nice to come across a FedEx employee who cared!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

I personally do not see you getting this until Monday based on long time shipping experience and unfortunately to you this is delicate time sensitive coral - To them its just a package. I just experienced coral shipped to me that was Packed Sunday for Monday pickup and it first got here Wednesday. The water was very murky and I poured it off and added a couple of quarts of tank water and they are wide open.
Acclimations and warm up will be very important.
Right now Indian is 48 degrees which is not terrible. Working for an airline, I would not be surprised if its sitting on the ramp for loading which happens after 9PM but hopefully its on a cart within the hangar.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took delivery today, and none were DOA, and in fact looked pretty good! The frags were triple-bagged, with a heat pack included. Did a slow acclimation and polyps were out pretty quickly after tank introduction.
This is great news!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back