Detritus worms falling like marine snow at night

hunterhype

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I was wondering what this group could tell me about a my detritus worm population I have recently noticed there have been more than ever over the last week or 2 and just went to look at my tank in the dark and saw that the worms had jumped into the water column with it being night time and we’re just freely floating through the filtration falling like marine snow I posted a video because it was very hard to get a pic but you can see them falling in the video if it post correctly any information would be appreciated just curious if it’s something to be alarmed about very established system getting close to 10 years and has largely become self sufficient and goes through its natural cycles I only keep mushroom corals and clownfish with the recent addition of a devils finger so I only keep hardy creatures my parameters I’m sure are not ideal but I like the idea of this personal tank of mine being low maintenance have been in the hobby for years and found I had less time for high up keep systems

Attachments

• IMG_1183.mov
    52.8 MB

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see the video but the only thing visible is white debris.
see if you can catch one of them for a close-up in a container of water.
My first guess is some larval fry of a crustacean.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back