Did I just get taken for an idiot buyer?

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if he read the thread before posting this time… smh at people who thrive on trying appear helpful only to ask vague questions and reply with general copy and pasted info from other peoples publication without giving credit.

Takes a relatively large amount of shock to cause partial bleaching without causing death the same day… not sure it would be possible to bleach it that fast and have the flesh band not showing major signs of recession to go along with it.
You should cite your sources on this info. You post this all the time. A bunch of general information about torch care that someone else actually took the time to write. You are just cutting and pasting. It's not your own thoughts....it's plagiarism.

BobbyCline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if he read the thread before posting this time… smh at people who thrive on trying appear helpful only to ask vague questions and reply with general copy and pasted info from other peoples publication without giving credit.

Takes a relatively large amount of shock to cause partial bleaching without causing death the same day… not sure it would be possible to bleach it that fast and have the flesh band not showing major signs of recession to go along with it.
No need for him to read stuff when he already knows (how to copy and paste) everything.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking back thru the pics you shared and taking a closer look you appear to definitely have been taken advantage of; the “grail” has yellow streaking in the mouth area in your pics from the opening post but lost the yellow that covered 80%+ on the tentacles!!?? Ain’t no way…

Cecily Strong Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks :). I actually have all those. Parameters going. And have the tank flow setup specifically for this torch. I also never move them after I place them in initially so I'm on a check there as well. But what I was thinking is maybe the zoaxanthelle had just expelled out and it similar enough to be the same. I think im gonna wait a couple weeks longer see if in fact it comes back. Now with all that information do you think they are the same? I think the one is and that's what happened with the zoaxanthelle, just didn't realize it was that extreme.
@MERKEY has this torch which looks way more similar and is likely the strain of torch you actually got based on your initial pics. $150-300 based on region and seller.

88B1A5B8-8401-48BC-AD90-EAD21E24F1FB.jpeg

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MERKEY has this torch which looks way more similar and is likely the strain of torch you actually got based on your initial pics. $150-300 based on region and seller.

88B1A5B8-8401-48BC-AD90-EAD21E24F1FB.jpeg
Adam I think the grail he’s bought and is comparing it to is not the green one in the second picture, but rather up at the top on the ledge. Is that true @Placenta89 ?

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam I think the grail he’s bought and is comparing it to is not the green one in the second picture, but rather up at the top on the ledge. Is that true @Placenta89 ?
Ok in the opening post if the first pic he bought and the second pic is what he got then absolutely he got scammed or the seller owes him the right torch if he claims “he mixed up thr bags”. I was thinking he must’ve mixed the pics because the grail would have had to of been the green with a touch of yellow in the corner beside the other gold (3rd and 4th pics) for it to even be a question of any validity. That seller doesn’t need to be blasted… he needs to be kicked repeatedly! Hahahaha

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking back thru the pics you shared and taking a closer look you appear to definitely have been taken advantage of; the “grail” has yellow streaking in the mouth area in your pics from the opening post but lost the yellow that covered 80%+ on the tentacles!!?? Ain’t no way…

Cecily Strong Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Exactly what I was getting at back on page 1, but everyone insist it is. So I'll let all the "experts" chime in and keep quiet.

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect scammed unfortunately. Aside from the tiny frags, I've never seen colour variation that dramatic after such a short time frame. I would also never pay 1000 dollars for two small torches but then I live in Aus so spoilt for choice.

As someone said, usually when they are shrivelled up they have more intense colouration. Looking at yours, I think they are completely different variants to what you thought you purchased.

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ad pictures come from Coral Cave in Canada. Either that's where the OP bought them or that's where the pictures were jacked from. They seem to have good reviews... and ludicrous prices.

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to say but you definitely got scammed. I would have never took the coral without being able to see it before it was bagged up. Here is mine after 1 hour being in the tank.

Attachments

• E6D90F78-055A-4DEF-A27D-B5553CEADA54.jpeg
    E6D90F78-055A-4DEF-A27D-B5553CEADA54.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 37621AC7-60BA-40B8-8B73-CF07713D1234.jpeg
    37621AC7-60BA-40B8-8B73-CF07713D1234.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 56

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
dang you know exactly who I got it from. His website looks so professional and amazing coral.... Well now I know I'm an idiot. I should have went with candy corals in Mississauga. His just looked so amazing and so well taken care of.
Definitely not an idiot. Can’t blame yourself. I bet he did curbside pickup?

send me a PM. I’ll get you a proper holy grail for 1/5 of what you paid :)

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Did he take you for anything? Or just other people complained on here? Took me months to save up for these. Slightly losing my equanimity now lol. Well thanks for the info. I think I already learned not to buy from him anymore. But he just said they were stressed from moving and will bounce back in a couple weeks. I wanted to check here if others went through the same thing.
He got me as well as a few others about 5 years ago. This isn’t the only forum. There’s multiple dedicated to Ontario fish keepers. He’s a well known scam artist. I didn’t have to reverse search anything to recognize his brutally inaccurate photography. Here was an Aussie gold the he claimed “bleached from shipping”. This was during the aussie prime and this ran me $1000. Was also supposed to be 4 nice heads. This pic was about 5 years ago. He full out robbed many individuals in Ontario and is banned from multiple Facebook groups. The people that write good reviews are often his friend and in some cases his wife.

13D5B841-1A64-4EF2-AB0C-0E9EB5D40F46.jpeg BE81EC17-A9BE-4DB7-A6DC-0B70CE11C3B6.jpeg D87A2E49-127E-4D94-B2EC-9E6FA93E5721.jpeg

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Glad I am not the only who noticed this, I called him out on a thread that got deleted the other day and several of his buddies jumped back on me saying I was being too tough on the guy. :rolleyes:

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it but there's not a whole lot you can do about it. This happens alot in this hobby. I've found that holy grail today usually means widely available later. Look at the sticks people pay crazy money for and then in a few months you can get them for a fraction of the cost once people start fragging them. Be patient and never impulse buy and the price you are comfortable with will appear. There are no price lists for livestock. It comes down to what someone is willing to pay that seems to set prices.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why you don’t buy from Ramez in Richmond hill. He’s a well known scammer who edits the hell out of photos. Sorry he took your money as he did for many others.

he changed his name for sales by the way as he’s a known scammer. He goes by mark or something now. Coralcavecanada sells through reef4sale.
I’m like 99% sure this same dude has popped up in several fb groups I’m a part of. He actually messed up and introduced himself as his real name to one buyer then said “oh I mean Mark” after the guy called him out.

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I’m like 99% sure this same dude has popped up in several fb groups I’m a part of. He actually messed up and introduced himself as his real name to one buyer then said “oh I mean Mark” after the guy called him out.
Very likely. I thought that’s what he was going by these days

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I am not the only who noticed this, I called him out on a thread that got deleted the other day and several of his buddies jumped back on me saying I was being too tough on the guy. :rolleyes:
Doesn’t get that people have already read most of the articles he cuts and pastes from and come here to ask for more direct answer/strategy to get things back on track. But some want to ask the same basic questions so they can argue about testing or some water quality issue that’s 2% away from natural sea is the issue when someone has a fairly obvious par/flow issue… but you’d have to read the question beforehand to know that! Hahaha

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back