Did i set up my RO unit correctly?

deividas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so i got this unit used, and changed all the pipe fittings and now I'm unsure if i refitted everything correctly?
maybe you guys could help me out and see if its set up correctly?
i ran this without any filters, and the booster pump starts off goes up to 50psi, then turns off? it should be going to 80psi. I'm thinking this either because these is no membrane and filters installed, or i have something fitted wrong. hence why I'm asking this :)

ANY KIND OF INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Basic Nr.1.jpg

This is how i fitted it from start to finish, ill add more photos that shows all the sides.
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see where your pressure cut off switch is connected to. it should be between the ro product line and the di resin. when the unit is producing water the pressure on that side of the membrane is low and the switch lets the booster pump stay on when you close the valve on the di side the pressure on the product side rises and activates the switch turning off the booster pump. most manufacturers will have you put the booster pump at the input of the first canister, i like to put mine in between the sediment filters and the ro membrane. if you laid your plumbing out flat it should look like this.
Rodi.jpg

OP
OP
D

deividas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see where your pressure cut off switch is connected to. it should be between the ro product line and the di resin. when the unit is producing water the pressure on that side of the membrane is low and the switch lets the booster pump stay on when you close the valve on the di side the pressure on the product side rises and activates the switch turning off the booster pump. most manufacturers will have you put the booster pump at the input of the first canister, i like to put mine in between the sediment filters and the ro membrane. if you laid your plumbing out flat it should look like this.
Rodi.jpg
OK, so there is 2 switches (Electronic thingies) on this unit, one electronic thingy is set up on the number 1 going to number 2 (you can see it on the 3rd image) and the other thingy is set up from number 4 to 5 ( you can see it in 8th image me pointing my finger at it) i think the pressure switch is the first thingy, where the line goes from number 1 to 2. the di resin i have another canister for that, so it will be plumbed on the end of the product water from the unit.

OP
OP
D

deividas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK,
got it working, ;)
basically one of those electronic valves switches was plugged in incorrecly, now when it senses any kind of pressure the booster pump turns on, and when the pressure goes down to 0 it turns off, goes up to 80 psi as it should :))

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
basic-nr-1-jpg.1807567

your canisters also look like they are backwards.
your input should go into the in on number 3 out of 3 into 2, 3 should be sediment filters 2 should be the carbon block. out of 2 into the booster pump. out of the booster into the ro then into number 3 the di.

using your numbers it should go 3-2-4-5-1

OP
OP
D

deividas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the DI part i have a different canister, the sediment is 1, carbon block 2 and 3, booster 4, membrane 5, and then 6 will be DI

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back