Digital Aquatics Archon

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But to be fair I work weird hours and I believe Monday will be the first regular business day that my request will be in.

rob G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much everything on the DA website is sold out right now. I keep looking for new updates or products they are offering since I own the Archon and Lite and numerous modules. Is everything okay with the company or did they just get a sudden bump in sales?

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much everything on the DA website is sold out right now. I keep looking for new updates or products they are offering since I own the Archon and Lite and numerous modules. Is everything okay with the company or did they just get a sudden bump in sales?

I believe they are done with aquarium stuff. I couldn’t get any support or even get anyone to approve my joining the support forum

rob G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they are done with aquarium stuff. I couldn’t get any support or even get anyone to approve my joining the support forum
I was afraid this might happen someday! I have a fair amount invested in it, although a number of the modules dont seem to be functioning properly...It still does what I need it to do I suppose.

hailo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, I just picked one of these from a friend of mine to use and he can't remember his user name or password.
is there a way to reset it or get it to start over like from scratch?
thank you very much for any input or help.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about the Archon then power the head unit up with the power pack and leave the rest of you modules unplugged. Once powered up press and hold the reset button for over 10 seconds. If I remember correctly this should get you back to the default name and password. You can reset to factory defaults once you log back in. Go to the system page. See my build thread for more info on the Archon and it's setup.

Default name: DigitalAquatics
Default Password: password

Also welcome to Reef2Reef

hailo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about the Archon then power the head unit up with the power pack and leave the rest of you modules unplugged. Once powered up press and hold the reset button for over 10 seconds. If I remember correctly this should get you back to the default name and password. You can reset to factory defaults once you log back in. Go to the system page. See my build thread for more info on the Archon and it's setup.

Default name: DigitalAquatics
Default Password: password

Also welcome to Reef2Reef

thank you so much for your reply!!

that's exactly what I did and our network found it but we don't ever get the "Initial Setup" screen.

it goes straight to this:
image002.jpg and we use the defaults but nothing just keeps staying here like we have the incorrect ones. I was hoping there was way to back to the whole default of the system.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you so much for your reply!!

that's exactly what I did and our network found it but we don't ever get the "Initial Setup" screen.

it goes straight to this:
image002.jpg and we use the defaults but nothing just keeps staying here like we have the incorrect ones. I was hoping there was way to back to the whole default of the system.
With the uint powered off pull the memory stick and copy all the contents to a folder on your computer as a backup. Once this is done check for a file called accesslist in the db folder. This is a textfile open it and it should have a line that looks like the one below.

guest=Guest:guest;
admin=DigitalAquatics: password;

The line that starts with admin= has the name and password for the system. In the one above it is name: DigitalAquatics and password: password. Note there is no space between Digital and Aquatics in the name. There is also no space between the : and the p but it give a face on this forum if I post it correctly so I added the space. Don't change the file just get the name and password and use them to log into the system when you reinstall the memory stick and power it back up. Make sure and make the backup copy first. There are several revisions of firmware and there is more to updating than just getting new copies of the files.

Last edited:

rob G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had an Archon for about 2 years now, it has had its problems but for the most part has been running reliably. For some reason now when I go to Outputs and click on any one of the outlets to make an adjustment or program something, the whole unit (including all the outlets on all 3 pb4s) shuts down for a second and restarts. Also once everything powers back up, it will turn on/off things that should not be on like a dosing pump or a light for instance. What is causing this, and more importantly, what is the fix? Thank you!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you have powered it down and back up already. Do you have the memory stick backed up on your computer? If not you may want to copy it to a directory on your computer and then do a check on the memory stick with your computer. If everything is OK there it could be one of the modules. To test this disconnect the buss cables from the Archon and try and change one of the outputs on the Archon. If that works the start hooking the modules back up one at a time and recheck after hooking up each one.

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I went to the dark side, or, shall I say orange side and got an Apex. With DA no longer in business I wanted to get out while I had the time, instead of an emergency switchover if/when something goes kerplunck on the Archon (it's happened before and DA saved my bacon).
So.... I've got an Archon and some DA equipment that I'll offer on this forum first, then post what's left on the classifieds.

Here's what I've got:
Archon base unit (USB with the last software update before it stopped being updated. I haven't wiped the programming on it yet for fear of bricking it to a non-functional version)
SL1 Module
pH Probe
iTemp Probe
2x PC4 power bars
3x DP1 Dosing Pumps (2 AC adapters and a couple replacement tubes)
RKM-PC1 power module (two outlets switched together)
Handful of bus cables, including a 50' one
3x Switch input leads brand new, unused

also...
ReefKeeper Lite head unit with SID V2
Net Module

I can take pictures if you want.

Make me an offer for any or all of it.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I went to the dark side, or, shall I say orange side and got an Apex. With DA no longer in business I wanted to get out while I had the time, instead of an emergency switchover if/when something goes kerplunck on the Archon (it's happened before and DA saved my bacon).
So.... I've got an Archon and some DA equipment that I'll offer on this forum first, then post what's left on the classifieds.

Here's what I've got:
Archon base unit (USB with the last software update before it stopped being updated. I haven't wiped the programming on it yet for fear of bricking it to a non-functional version)
SL1 Module
pH Probe
iTemp Probe
2x PC4 power bars
3x DP1 Dosing Pumps (2 AC adapters and a couple replacement tubes)
RKM-PC1 power module (two outlets switched together)
Handful of bus cables, including a 50' one
3x Switch input leads brand new, unused

also...
ReefKeeper Lite head unit with SID V2
Net Module

I can take pictures if you want.

Make me an offer for any or all of it.
I plan to hang in there for as long as possible. I do have the RKE head unit in a pinch. I did find a second source for the salinity probe though. Now I just need to find one for the temp probe. I think I might hve found something. I just have not got around to ordering some and trying them out.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm just finding out about DA's demise - what a bummer. Can anyone provide me the files for the last firmware version?

My Archon started acting up recently in that it keeps disappearing from my WiFi network. I have to do a reset (which involves getting a new IP address assigned, then I have to reconfigure the port forwarding) and a day or a few days later it disappears again. After a few rounds of this, I replaced my modem (for unrelated reasons) and for the time being it seems to be holding steady but if it happens again I'd like to have the latest factory files on hand to start over clean.

I have a set of files I got from Eric at DA back in September 2017. I don't know if there was any updates after that but If someone has newer files than that and can get them to me, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those would probably be the latest set of files available. Put those in a drop box and maybe share it on this thread the rest of us. The issues you are having is probably associated with your old router

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those would probably be the latest set of files available. Put those in a drop box and maybe share it on this thread the rest of us. The issues you are having is probably associated with your old router

I thought the same thing but the strange part is that I only replaced my modem, not the router. Anyhow, hope the settings hold.

Here you go - hope these help someone: Archon Files 09/2017

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pickupman66 / @n2585722
Danny or Lindsey...needs some expert advice on a used unit. How do i clear out all of the old inputs, outputs, etc from the previous owner. when i go into the individual tabs i dont see where to delete a module. i tried the factory reset, but not sure that works as when i click OK after the warning nothing happens.

thanks
Fran

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pickupman66 / @n2585722
Danny or Lindsey...needs some expert advice on a used unit. How do i clear out all of the old inputs, outputs, etc from the previous owner. when i go into the individual tabs i dont see where to delete a module. i tried the factory reset, but not sure that works as when i click OK after the warning nothing happens.

thanks
Fran
What software, firmware and package versions do you have?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 76 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 77 29.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 54 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 48 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.2%
Back