Digital Aquatics Archon

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have all the folders, just need to know where to put them. currently my db and logs folders are in the www folder. if i try to install the version 60, which is the closest one to what i am on, i need to know if db/logs need to be in www or on the same level as www. thanks for looking.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look thru my backups. It should show you. I can't look tonight but I might be able to look tomorrow. At some point it changed. Just don't remember when.

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, looks like starting with 60 they are on the same level, so i guess i give it a try then. does it matter where the daMains file is? does it still have to be in the db folder? and can you think of a reason why to not go right to 66? Danny said Eric from DA had to do it if there was too far of a jump in versions

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, looks like starting with 60 they are on the same level, so i guess i give it a try then. does it matter where the daMains file is? does it still have to be in the db folder? and can you think of a reason why to not go right to 66? Danny said Eric from DA had to do it if there was too far of a jump in versions
Save a copy of your memory before you copy the new files over to the memory stick. Like Lindsey said it won't hurt to have those folders both places.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it matters about the DA file after it is installed to the Linux computer module.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it matters about the DA file after it is installed to the Linux computer module.
Correct. Once installed it is fine from there. Db folder i think stored your settings such as ports and module names and such. . It may create itself.

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you all did your best. wish they didnt go out of business, was excited to use the archon. i now know more questions to ask sellers (software/hardware version). sadly i think my upgrade will be to apex, which is a shame since i have many DA modules.

Dave Gold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a used Archon so I can upgrade from my RKL and make tank management easier. Also I don't want to spend the bucks on an Apex.

I have been able to connect to the Archon wifi, but I have not been able to login. I have tried the factory Login ID and password (DigitalAquatics and password) but that does not get me in. I tried doing a reset to the unit and that does not help either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. There is a file on the USB stick that has the name and password. I will let you know which file when I get home.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplug the memory stick and plug it into a computer. It would be a good idea to make a backup of all the files on the memory stick to a folder on your computer. Look in the db folder and there should be a file called accesslist. Open the file with a program such as notepad. Don't change anything in the file. It should look something like below. The first thing after the = sign under admin is the name to use the word after the colon is the password. In the case below the name is DigitalAquatics and the password is password. It is case sensitive. There are no spaces in the files but posting here without them will create a face instead so I had to add spaces on the admin line. Hope this helps.

guest=Guest:guest;
admin=DigitalAquatics : password;

Last edited:

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey DA dudes, could use a hand.

First question, does anyone have a link to the latest software files for Archon. Mine has been running on the following for a long time. I’m a little worried to update my functioning unit but may do it before I setup my new tank and move stuff over.

Software version is: 1.09.52.
Hardware version is: 1.08.10.

Second question: I picked up 2 Archon units from a crazy fire sale recently. They didn’t have anything, no power or USB. I picked those up from Amazon. I copied my files over from my functioning unit. When I boot it and connect to WiFi Archon and go to 192.168.10.1, it promps for user and password. I put in the standard DigitalAquatics and password but they don’t work. Is the password logged on the USB drive or internal to the Archon unit? It’s confusing because I always just left my user/pass as the generic ones on my unit so those passwords should work regardless. What is the reset procedure on these? I tried a few different things with no luck logging in.

Thanks in advance!

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually read back a page and found the Dropbox files. Is 61 the newest? Is there issues going from 52 to 61 or is it just a matter of copying over the files? Hardware was never updated past 8.10 right?

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was about as frustrating as I remember o_O

Managed to get in, for some reason it wanted the P capital in Password...

I loaded everything using the 61 file from Dropbox. It was doing some weird stuff. It wouldn’t bring up the PC4 or PB8 I plugged into it. I ended up doing a factory reset. It would then show the PC4 but acted weird, not always allowing the toggles to actually do anything for the power.

Does the WiFi setup need to be done before messing with adding modules? I was just doing all this with it connected direct to my WiFi card and 192.168.10.1

Another odd thing I noticed is it said the software was 68 not 61 I loaded from the file. Maybe that’s the latest? Once I did a system reset it said something really weird and updated the hardware version too to 1.09.something.

I’m lost again haha! Anyone working on cracking this software?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was about as frustrating as I remember o_O

Managed to get in, for some reason it wanted the P capital in Password...

I loaded everything using the 61 file from Dropbox. It was doing some weird stuff. It wouldn’t bring up the PC4 or PB8 I plugged into it. I ended up doing a factory reset. It would then show the PC4 but acted weird, not always allowing the toggles to actually do anything for the power.

Does the WiFi setup need to be done before messing with adding modules? I was just doing all this with it connected direct to my WiFi card and 192.168.10.1

Another odd thing I noticed is it said the software was 68 not 61 I loaded from the file. Maybe that’s the latest? Once I did a system reset it said something really weird and updated the hardware version too to 1.09.something.

I’m lost again haha! Anyone working on cracking this software?

Can you post a screenshot of your system page? There is more to it than just copying the files to a USB stick. Below is a screenshot from my Archon of the system page.
IMG_2646.jpg

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, so I started with the files from Pickupman66 upload. When it was acting up I did a factory reset. Now it reads:

Software Version 1.09.70
Hardware Version 1.09.0

Seems odd...I’m going to delete this USB and upload a different rev and try again. Before I did a factory reset it said 1.09.68 and hardware 1.08.10.

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now regardless of what I put on the flash drive I am stuck at these versions. For some reason it won’t recognize the PB8 I plug into it either.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The software and hardware have to be installed. It is not a matter of just placing them on the USB stick. You will need the files for the firmware that is on the system. What package version do you have installed?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back