Bump

Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya

fragmatic

retired reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ummmmh.... no... I wish I did... There are plenty of them in C because most scientific measurements use C for the calculus.

EDIT: but here you go..

McMaster-Carr

Last edited:

SK360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Coralife ones seem to be ok so far. I have one on my tank and one for water changes... check the one on the tank against my hanging glass thermometer and it seems to be very close if not dead on.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a serious dislike for the coralife units. ive put four of them in the same tank, in basically the same location, and got four different readings. some as much as 3.5 degrees difference. That to me is unacceptable. I have been using the Toms unit lately and find them to be a bit more accurate. And it has a min/max feature as well.

I just wish somebody would make a waterproof unit...so when mine falls in the mixing bucket...its still usable.

SK360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped a coralife in my mixing bucket on sunday. it turned off for a few minutes then started working again... then died... then 2 hours later I came back and it was on again. lol.

fragmatic

retired reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use C thermostats that have a digital readout and have an easy calibration procedure. The up side is they will control your fans, or chiller, and your heaters. If you have a chiller it even is programmable to have a delay in start so you won't short cycle the chiller compressor. The next up side is they are VERY reliable and are used extensively in the commercial and manufacturing world, and you can have them delivered to your door for $35. The down side, you have to learn to relate to C. I have one on my reef system and one on my change water. They maintain my temp within ±.3° C (that is .6°C total swing) or about 1.1°f total swing. If my temp gets to 26.3°C it turns on my fans, if it gets to 25.7°C it turns on my heaters. They turn back off at 26°C. That is 79.34°f to 78.26°f centered at 78.8°f. The price includes a 6' probe. (I think 6') The other down side is you need to have a basic electrical wiring skill, and they run on 110VAC. They are programmable for what temp you want and how large a swing down to ±.3C each way. (my program is as tight of a swing as you can get). but... that is tight enough!! It is about the size of an ice cream sandwich.

I have totally stopped worrying about my temp!

I you pick one that is shipped from China expect it to take a couple of weeks to arrive. Look for one shipped from the states and be careful to get one that is 110VAC. They come in several voltages.

here is a link.. stc 1000 110v | eBay

Last edited:
Back