OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. Pico board was deliberately simplistic to give best bang from a single pi zero, and aimed to completely automate a pico reef :) . I think it was a good decision since even with pico it took more than a year to sort out everything (note: ph driver is still not available in stable release yet). We do had discussion around more beefier, feature rich system, but we wanted to iterate with small setup first. I also wanted to understand the pros and cons of clustering multiple independent controller vs having a single powerful one.
It works just fine with a pi3b

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib Memory usage has been strange since upgrading and adding the pH probe. Today marked the strangest spike yet. See below

MEM Spike.JPG

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib , for the most part, 3.0 is stable, but there is a lot of resource usage. I've been up to 45% of memory used up before rebooting. I've had the Web Interface lag when the memory usage gets around that level. Just wanted to provide an update on how the build is performing. Other than the memory usage, I'm pleased with the results.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib , for the most part, 3.0 is stable, but there is a lot of resource usage. I've been up to 45% of memory used up before rebooting. I've had the Web Interface lag when the memory usage gets around that level. Just wanted to provide an update on how the build is performing. Other than the memory usage, I'm pleased with the results.
Thank you for reporting back the stats. I'll keep an watch. I am running couple of 3.0 builds without encountering any serious performance issues. I'll check my 3.0 builds resource usage graphs and post back in the main thread.

I am in the process of wrapping up the pwm profile features. After that, I'll focus on the UI part so that the 3.0 features are usable by others. Next, my focus will be performance issues and documentation.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back