Display water level too high

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not new to reefing but new to an AIO. I had a 180g w a sump but have since downsized to IM 25g lagoon and am having lots of trouble. I started w a sicce synced silent 1.0 pump and it seemed like it was pushing water faster than it can drain. I have since downsized to the same pump just the .5 model and the water level is the same exact height as it was with the stronger pump, I’m not understanding. Photos for reference please help as the store I bought from won’t let me return equipment once it’s been wet and I’m already down quite a bit with these two pumps.

Note: these pumps are slightly controllable and I did put it on the lowest I can got yet the water level I’m the display and back chamber stay the exact same how is this possible?

IMG_7129.jpeg IMG_7133.jpeg IMG_7139.jpeg IMG_7127.jpeg

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the way it works is that you’re suppose to start the pump and then start adding water to get the water level you desire in the 3rd chamber

You don’t want the chambers to be the same as the display.

gunnarmcc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sicce 1 in my 15gal IM cube so it's not the return, are the weirs at the top of the AIO open? I know my 15 gal doesn't come with any weir adjustability but I think the 25 lagoon does.

OP
OP
Gonj

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the way it works is that you’re suppose to start the pump and then start adding water to get the water level you desire in the 3rd chamber

You don’t want the chambers to be the same as the display.
I’ve tried to take water out of the display and put it in the back chamber but it just stays way too low in the back and too high in the front?

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve tried to take water out of the display and put it in the back chamber but it just stays way too low in the back and too high in the front?
Once you get your weir set to the height to get the water level you want your display, you fill more water to get the rear chambers where you want them. Usually slightly below the partition the water flows up and over after the media chamber. FYI, all your evaporation will show up in your back chamber.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure there's nothing blocking the water flow through the back chambers?

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s how it should be , it’s to aerate the water, and make sure the tank doesn’t overflow.

The display tank water level is basically fixed, you can’t adjust but you can adjust the back chambers level to be low or high.
It’s how you know how much RO water to add or how the ATO senses water level

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back