OP
OP
ScottD

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update for today. Stopped after work and picked up some paint for it.

Now just need to cut the trim pieces and glue them to the door panels and I’ll be ready to setup the spray booth to start painting.

OP
OP
ScottD

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about it .. I like the setup and tank dimensions
Thanks, I’m excited about them too. I’m hoping to have the stand done and tank setting on it by the end of the month. I’m running out of time before the weather gets nicer and all the outdoor projects take me away from working on this.

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update for today. Stopped after work and picked up some paint for it.

Now just need to cut the trim pieces and glue them to the door panels and I’ll be ready to setup the spray booth to start painting.
What kind of paint are you using Latex? Also, are you thinning It at all to get it to spay better? Also, (sorry for all the questions) what kind of HVLP setup do you use? I normally use an HVLP gun on a regular air compressor but have always wondered if a dedicated HVLP spray system would give better results.

OP
OP
ScottD

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of paint are you using Latex? Also, are you thinning It at all to get it to spay better? Also, (sorry for all the questions) what kind of HVLP setup do you use? I normally use an HVLP gun on a regular air compressor but have always wondered if a dedicated HVLP spray system would give better results.
No worries about all the questions, feel free to ask as many as you want and I will try to answer. The paint is Benjamin Moore cabinet coat that I’m going to be using. I haven’t sprayed with it yet so not sure how it’s going to go but I’ve sprayed their advanced before as well as a latex primer. I’ll probably end up thinning 5%, but will try it first without to see how it goes. My brother in law used it as well when he did his fish tank stand, having never sprayed paint before and didn’t have any issues. What I’ve got is an Aerojet F3 HVLP. It’s a stand alone unit. It was one that I picked up used from someone upgrading to a bigger unit. I didn’t really want to go the compressor style as I would have needed to upgrade my compressor and get an oil/water separator for it. I’ve been quite happy with it.

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still lurking. about to use your list to order same metal stand. not sure if i will skin it like you are doing. keep up the good work!

OP
OP
ScottD

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still lurking. about to use your list to order same metal stand. not sure if i will skin it like you are doing. keep up the good work!
Thanks, hoping to get it painted here soon. You could very easily get some 1/4” material and put it in the grooves as you put the stand together to skin parts of it if you don’t want to do the whole thing.

OP
OP
ScottD

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not much to update, spring is here so back to outside projects. The panels are on the stand frames now at least. Just want to put a couple more trim pieces on then will take it outside and spray it.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 75 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back