diy 28 gallon glass

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i thought i would give it a shot sorry i dont have better pics of the actual build
it wasn't to hard putting it together but i wish i would have used clear silicone i think it would have been easier to work with none the less it looks okay especially for not having much of a clue

I used a clamp to squeeze the sides and put tape all the way around to hold it together i let the silicone set for about a week and then filled it up and it passed the water test

3339ukw.jpg

Tank measures 20x20x16

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you played around with the culk on the front glass. Did you use anything to press up agenst the silacone and get that nice curve?

OP
OP
A

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i actually re taped and put down more silicone so all of my edges are pretty straight i will try to get some more pictures. I still need to clean up some of the silicone with a razor blade. everything was right around a 100 bucks so cant complain. the only thing that upset me was there was a 24x20x16 in sb for a 100 bucks and it was starphire we found it just after we purchased the glass for this tank so it kind of upset us this tank is for my nephew we are currently working on the stand as i am waiting on my drill bits to drill it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back