DIY feed mode?

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am going on a trip soon and will have a roommate feeding my fish. I have 3 small AIOs. 1 of them has a nice pump with feed mode but the other 2 I just unplug the pump. I'm worried my roommate could forget to turn them back on.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could automate the pumps? Buying 2 more $100 dollar pumps for my 15gallon aquariums is tooo much lol

Wild1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am going on a trip soon and will have a roommate feeding my fish. I have 3 small AIOs. 1 of them has a nice pump with feed mode but the other 2 I just unplug the pump. I'm worried my roommate could forget to turn them back on.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could automate the pumps? Buying 2 more $100 dollar pumps for my 15gallon aquariums is tooo much lol
Programable timers, relatively cheap, and available everywhere

OP
OP
Schulks

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart plugs.
I own a kasa smart plug and, it was awhile ago, but I couldn't find a turn on after x time feature. Do they have that now?
I was hoping to avoid the complexity of a smart device but I'd do it if there is a smart plug that works.
Programable timers, relatively cheap, and available everywhere

Most programmable timers are for setting schedules I looked at like 3 but couldn't find what I needed. I found a ton of auto shut off but no auto on.

OP
OP
Schulks

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kasa can do it, if anyone wonders. Not exactly how you want but it works.

Couldn't find any programmable timers that would do it.

Last edited:
Back