DIY Mesh Lids

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to going to Home Depot to pick up an aluminum window frame kit. I cut the 4 pieces to size, and put it together. I"m wondering if I really should be spray painting it because during the cuts of the ends, it exposes the aluminum.

I was planning on using Krylon All-in-One Fusion spray paint - this product replaced the prior one over the years, which some reefers claim it's safe to use, and I'm hoping this one is too.

Or should I just not bother with painting it? My concern is the ends of the cuts exposed and corroding under the salt. Forgot to add, the window frame kit isn't really black, so thought I'd paint it to match, but really no big deal.

Thanks

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting project, look forward to see what you will make of it :)

Out of curiosity, is it so much cheaper than the kits you can buy in shops like BRS?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to going to Home Depot to pick up an aluminum window frame kit. I cut the 4 pieces to size, and put it together. I"m wondering if I really should be spray painting it because during the cuts of the ends, it exposes the aluminum.

I was planning on using Krylon All-in-One Fusion spray paint - this product replaced the prior one over the years, which some reefers claim it's safe to use, and I'm hoping this one is too.

Or should I just not bother with painting it? My concern is the ends of the cuts exposed and corroding under the salt. Forgot to add, the window frame kit isn't really black, so thought I'd paint it to match, but really no big deal.

Thanks
I didn't bother painting

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 88 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back