• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

DIY overflow box. FIJI CUBE SENT WRONG PART

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I purchased a 57-gallon Fiji cube aquarium with external overflow. I was putting it together and noticed that the overflow they sent did not match the holes cut out in the aquarium. The holes cut in the aquarium are too close together. After exchanging several emails with fiji they agreed to send a custom overflow box. I did not receive replacement parts yet. It's been almost 2 weeks since I got the tank and no new updates from Fiji. I am at the point where I feel it would be better to build an overflow box or order a custom-made box. I was thinking of making a box out of glass is that possible? Not sure what to do about the inside skimmer section. If anybody has any ideas or can point me in the right direction would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will bump this thread. Fiji Cube 57 tank my experience has been terrible. I ordered a tank put it together and the holes cut into the back did not match the overflow box. They were cut too close together. The stand sucks and has a wobble. Exchanged several emails. Last from fiji said they would send me a custom overflow box. It's been several weeks still waiting. I complained, He said he would send the part. I am still waiting. Bought the tank on the black Friday sale on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This company has been a source of frustration for me and other hobbyists. I have spent a lot of money and time on my tank build, but I have encountered so many problems with their product and especially their customer service. You can see the details of my tank build at the link below. I wish I had known better before buying from them. I hope our experiences can warn other potential customers about this company's lack of quality and care.

Elfer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Hopefully they’ll make things right.

I almost pulled the trigger on a FijiCube but ended up looking elsewhere when I found some complaints about questionable build quality and the fact that their stuff is from China. With the increasing number of forums and social media audience, I don’t know how any company can afford to cheap out on their products. Eventually, their reputation will precede them.

OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Hopefully they’ll make things right.

I almost pulled the trigger on a FijiCube but ended up looking elsewhere when I found some complaints about questionable build quality and the fact that their stuff is from China. With the increasing number of forums and social media audience, I don’t know how any company can afford to cheap out on their products. Eventually, their reputation will precede them.
Here is a pic of overflow an idea how to fix it?
IMG_20231210_172316830.jpg

Elfer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you measure the distance between the two holes, center to center? I wonder if the tank was drilled wrong or if the overflow box was? If it’s the box, then it should be a simple fix with an accurately drilled box. If it’s the tank I would assume the only fix would be a custom drilled overflow box… or a new tank.

OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you measure the distance between the two holes, center to center? I wonder if the tank was drilled wrong or if the overflow box was? If it’s the box, then it should be a simple fix with an accurately drilled box. If it’s the tank I would assume the only fix would be a custom drilled overflow box… or a new tank.
12.5 cm Fiji cube has left me hanging and I am getting upset but thanks for your reply. The overflow box they sent is 13 cm. I did contact a company Modular Marine who said he made a custom overflow box out of Texas cost 230 dollars. Fiji cube was a disaster. Fiji said they send me a correct overflow box 2 weeks ago heard nothing and they stopped replying to my emails.

OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last email from fiji cube. I responded please send me new overflow. I sent another email today no response I asked for an update.

Info Fiji Cube​

Fri, Dec 8, 5:00 AM (10 days ago)

to me

Please be noted that we are currently working on getting a new overflow box made for you. We are working on a resolution. Your message is very inconsistent from one day to the other and it is hard for us to respond. As we want to serve you better, please let us know what you want to do. option 1: do you want us to refund you the cost of the overflow box to you and you work on a resolution? Option 2: Or you want to wait for the corrected overflow box from us?

Please let us know. Thanks.

On Dec 13, 2023, at 9:49 PM, Patrick Drawski <[email protected]> wrote:
cleardot.gif

OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order a tank from this vendor on black Friday, got the aquarium about 2 weeks ago. I contacted the seller let them know that I received the wrong parts. It's almost Xmas with no new update on when parts will arrive. I will repost on this thread if and when I receive the correct overflow box. I found there customer service number (612) 532-6129

IMG_20231210_172316830.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I submitted all documents and files to the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota. They have accepted my complaint, and they are trying to make contact with FIJI CUBE. The screenshot attached is the real email from B.B.B. Still waiting for the tracking number from Fiji and finally got a response. I will keep this post updated.

letter from B.B.B..png

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a letter from the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota. Still not resolved. Fiji cube still has not sent my parts. FIJI CUBE Respond Please

letter from B.B.B..png

OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I decided to go through the proper channels to settle a dispute via Fiji Cube using assistance from The Better Business Bureau. I am creating this new thread for anyone having trouble who would like to take this route. First I got all the requested documents photos or emails to send to B.B.B. with a simple definition of my problem. I got a quick response. Here is an email from B.B.B. accepting my complaint.

letter from B.B.B..png

OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bbb is a waste of time.
Thanks for the view. I don't think so. It worked well, I used it for evidence today in a conversation with my banker. It's called PUBLIC SHAMING, which they did back in the day. Tar and feather you kick you out of town become OutKast. I think they should bring it back if you steal from Walmart you should have to stand out in front of Walmart with a stand that says I am a thief for punishment. It also works when I sit in front of a Judge in a civil court and use it as evidence that I tried to conclude the matter before I get the law involved. Zoom Court is the best.

OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This, utterly pointless. Fiji prolly isn't even a BBB member.

I'd move on from Fiji and do a chargeback IMHO.
Thanks for your input and reply. That's where I am at. Chargeback will be placed on Tuesday. Any Ideas about what to do about the overflow box? I got a quote for a custom box modular marine for 230 bucks. Any reviews on that company?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input and reply. That's where I am at. Chargeback will be placed on Tuesday. Any Ideas about what to do about the overflow box? I got a quote for a custom box modular marine for 230 bucks. Any reviews on that company?
I've personally used modular and synergy, no issues with either. Had a experience with Fiji that wasn't good either. Luckily it was a single hole for the drain and was able to use another brand without reinventing the wheel.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get bulkheads that fit the holes and make a diy overflow no problem.

Fish of Hex makes some overflows that are 3 printed. He can do custom items if you need.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll have to decide if this is worth it. I had a Sears Kenmore Dryer, didn’t work right the day they delivered it. Finally it quit working, at all. They sent Service out, even though he couldn’t get it to run, found nothing wrong. Sent another two guys out, they left it disassembled and plugged in. I found the instructions on the bottom panel, ran self diagnostics, said Mother Board DefectI’ve. They tried to say Lightning struck it, even though all LED’s Lit. Paid $75 to file Lawsuit in small Claims, that immediately got their attention. Settled with a new Dryer, Court Filing, trips to the Laundry Mat. BTW, Court Cases are an easily accessible via the Internet. “Maryland Judiciary Search.”

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, I hope things get taken care off.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back