DIY sand cleaner/ water change setup.

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am referring to this video he made It looks like a great idea for both cleaning the sandbed and performing water changes. However I have no clue how he got that pump to stay on that setup. I got the same pump as he did. I found a 1/2 in nipple that screwed into the pump but its only held into the pump by a o ring and the force of the magnet on the inpeller. I want to know if any of you know about a pump I can use that I can attach a 1/2 tube. I also have no idea how he goes from that clear rigid tube down to the 1/2 in flexible tube. If I can get this set up it will a game changer for water changes and for cleaning the sand bed.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming he's using some sort of threaded adapter on the pump (I have a similar pump model). It looks like he has a custom adapter/L-elbow clamped onto the rigid plastic tubing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wasteoftime247

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming he's using some sort of threaded adapter on the pump (I have a similar pump model). It looks like he has a custom adapter/L-elbow clamped onto the rigid plastic tubing.
Yeah he has the parts listed on the youtube video and I purchased those items and it's just not working. So that's a bit frustrating. Guess I'm gonna have to just buy a 3d printer... (like I needed another reason...)

Upvote 0

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he has the parts listed on the youtube video and I purchased those items and it's just not working. So that's a bit frustrating. Guess I'm gonna have to just buy a 3d printer... (like I needed another reason...)
I can't remember what my Sicce pump came with for adapters, but I don't recall one that fit to the output with threads on it (the fact that it has a store sticker on it leads me to believe this is your missing part).

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back