Votes: 19 9.4%

• Total voters

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I have ich my system. Never really worry about it as it only shows up when the fish are stressed and even then it will only be a few spots for a day or two then its gone.
61816636.jpg

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had ich for at least 10 years, probably 20+. Every once in awhile I see a white speckle for a day, maybe two. Then it's gone for a year or so.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, ich chez moi also .... have had since 2013. I do wonder how many of the folks who believe their tank to be ich free would get a nasty surprise if they added a highly ich sensitive fish. I have no overt symptoms in my system, unless I try to add an Achilles tang. Spot city!!!

rbancroft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen it until 5 days ago. Ich/Velvet either came in on new fish, or been endemic in the tank... Before this, the last 3 fish I put in withered away under mysterious circumstances over a period of several weeks and months, so it's possible there was something there.

Not taking any chances going forward. I put my rock and inverts into a holding tank, will keep that going for 6 weeks. I don't have much coral, but I moved it back to my frag/coral quarantine tank, I'll have to quarantine my clownfish in there at a later date as I have no room.

I am not yet sure what I will do, currently copper treating display tank. After that I will either remove all fish and completely rebuild after copper, or keep the fish in and a round of prazi after.

Also, purchased a UV sterilizer on Monday just in case something gets through.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should clarify and say something more like "i've done everything reasonable to prevent it". Wouldn't bet my house on it but I've done the best that I can.

There's always a chance that I didn't rinse a snail off well enough etc before transferring it from QT to DT... Or any number of cross contamination possibilities.

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, with reservations. I've had my current fish from 3 - 4 years, have never had any issues, but I did add an un quarantined brittle star 5 months ago. I guess it would have shown up by now ?

Zoaologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 500 gallon reef is completely 100% parasite free, so happy to be able to say that. All of my fish and inverts go through a long qt period in my 180 gallon qt tank that’s always up and going. No chances. I do have ick sensitive fish in my 500 gallon also like an Achilles tang who never show any signs of any parasite.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, ich chez moi also .... have had since 2013. I do wonder how many of the folks who believe their tank to be ich free would get a nasty surprise if they added a highly ich sensitive fish. I have no overt symptoms in my system, unless I try to add an Achilles tang. Spot city!!!
My Achilles is how I know that one particular tank is ich free. As for my other tanks I'd say 99% certain they're ich free as well. Those tanks are too small to add an Achilles so I cant be to sure about the other 1% nor do I want to chance it.

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impossible to know for sure, but I have pretty good reasons to believe that theres no Ich in my tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back