Do you quarantine your CUC?

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and I have a young tank with some recent additions. As we were looking at the tank this morning, we could see that we'll need to add some CUC soon. That raised the question: Should we quarantine our CUC?

After some quick research, I've learned that some CUCs can carry some nasty stuff into your aquarium, but it is rare. On the other hand, I can't think of a single reefer I know personally who has or has mentioned quarantining their CUC.

Do you quarantine your CUC? Why or why not?

1712850799984.png

OP
OP
AlyciaMarie

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends, some vendors never house inverts and fish, could be disease, could be the lower salinity popular for disease control…
I dump the stock from reefcleaners in directly
That was another thing we were talking about...Where could we order from that we would feel safe just dumping them in!
I don't qt anything :)
Ha! Yeah, I haven't yet either. We haven't had any real need to as our tank has been pretty empty until recently. But now that we've got some fancier stuff in the tank, I'm wondering when we pull the trigger on a QT tank...:grimacing-face:

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was another thing we were talking about...Where could we order from that we would feel safe just dumping them in!

Ha! Yeah, I haven't yet either. We haven't had any real need to as our tank has been pretty empty until recently. But now that we've got some fancier stuff in the tank, I'm wondering when we pull the trigger on a QT tank...:grimacing-face:
I won't qt unless I get a big big tank. Anyway I'm too broke from other hobby that I can't even afford fish.

Dragen Fiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no QT for me. I do have a tank just in case I have to. But so far no. Maybe I just don't get specific fish that are more susceptible?

Float and drop is my motto for my critters.

OP
OP
AlyciaMarie

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no QT for me. I do have a tank just in case I have to. But so far no. Maybe I just don't get specific fish that are more susceptible?

Float and drop is my motto for my critters.
The float and drop method is what I've done, and so far it's worked!

Back