Does anyone tried other options for Triggersystems platinum 10" fleece roll out of stock?

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some 8” roll myself and can’t find it anywhere. I would be interested if anyone has found another solution as well.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give Steven at https://preconfilter.com/ a shout and he can get you squared away with whatever you need. Only issue is all his rolls are 2" cores so you will have to save a 1" and reroll it. If you buy enough to spread the shipping costs out you can end up under $15 a roll.

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give Steven at https://preconfilter.com/ a shout and he can get you squared away with whatever you need. Only issue is all his rolls are 2" cores so you will have to save a 1" and reroll it. If you buy enough to spread the shipping costs out you can end up under $15 a roll.

Thank you! That’s fantastic!

TonkaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down to my last roll.. pretty wild how long this has been out of stock.

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at prEcon Filter but I didn’t see anything in 8” roles. I don’t mind moving the filter to a new role but I don’t know that I want to cut 2” off the whole thing and bank on it feeding.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at prEcon Filter but I didn’t see anything in 8” roles. I don’t mind moving the filter to a new role but I don’t know that I want to cut 2” off the whole thing and bank on it feeding.

Just email them. They will precut any size you need. The only difference is you want to keep your old rolls so you can reuse the core as his are a different diameter core.

@Cycleguy0623 yoyoyo is correct, email him and he will make you whatever you need.

Diogee6667

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steven at https://preconfilter.com/ is the way to go. 8"x200yd of 80 micron for 31.00 a pop. Have not tried yet, just got it shipped today. Since they are on 2" cores, I designed a smaller roller with sides to replace the trigger 26 8" roll setup. Will have sides to aide in re-rolling. Did I mention 200yd rolls!! If this works, adios Trigger rolls!!! Steve was fantastic to deal with. Did I mention 200yd rolls. :)

Dame80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steven at https://preconfilter.com/ is the way to go. 8"x200yd of 80 micron for 31.00 a pop. Have not tried yet, just got it shipped today. Since they are on 2" cores, I designed a smaller roller with sides to replace the trigger 26 8" roll setup. Will have sides to aide in re-rolling. Did I mention 200yd rolls!! If this works, adios Trigger rolls!!! Steve was fantastic to deal with. Did I mention 200yd rolls. :)
Hey there did you receive your fleece roll? I’m still on the fence between the 50 micron and 80 micron. In your opinion does the fleece on the 80 micron roll seem about the same as the trigger systems standard roll or does it seem thinner? TIA

Diogee6667

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there did you receive your fleece roll? I’m still on the fence between the 50 micron and 80 micron. In your opinion does the fleece on the 80 micron roll seem about the same as the trigger systems standard roll or does it seem thinner? TIA
I did and just installed. Thusfar have seen less skimmate, algae scrubber picking up the rest. I have the 80 micron and while it feels a bit thin, it holds up. I performed a tear test between the 2 and they seem to tear with the same amount of pressure. Here is what I designed to reroll. Is very simple but hell, it works. Designed a plug for the roll from PreCon and new spindles for installing on the sump. I added flanges so as the fresh fleece is unwound, as the dirty fleece winds it will stay straight and not want to birdsnest on the edges. Not a fancy setup, the winding handle is a bit oblong because i had to shorted it and had no idea how to use the design software, this was the first time I used a 3d printer and quite honestly, amazed it actually turned out (after a slew of misprints and test prints), I used tinkercad online (free, LOL). The large base also has a set of 1/8" mounting holes in case you want to screw it onto something. Let me know what you guys think, but in all seriousness, adios trigger fleece, PreCon is the way to go. Same results, if not better than OEM Trigger rolls.

IMG_6300.jpeg IMG_6302.jpeg IMG_6303.jpeg IMG_6304.jpeg IMG_6305.jpeg IMG_6306.jpeg IMG_6307.jpeg

midzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did and just installed. Thusfar have seen less skimmate, algae scrubber picking up the rest. I have the 80 micron and while it feels a bit thin, it holds up. I performed a tear test between the 2 and they seem to tear with the same amount of pressure. Here is what I designed to reroll. Is very simple but hell, it works. Designed a plug for the roll from PreCon and new spindles for installing on the sump. I added flanges so as the fresh fleece is unwound, as the dirty fleece winds it will stay straight and not want to birdsnest on the edges. Not a fancy setup, the winding handle is a bit oblong because i had to shorted it and had no idea how to use the design software, this was the first time I used a 3d printer and quite honestly, amazed it actually turned out (after a slew of misprints and test prints), I used tinkercad online (free, LOL). The large base also has a set of 1/8" mounting holes in case you want to screw it onto something. Let me know what you guys think, but in all seriousness, adios trigger fleece, PreCon is the way to go. Same results, if not better than OEM Trigger rolls.

IMG_6300.jpeg IMG_6302.jpeg IMG_6303.jpeg IMG_6304.jpeg IMG_6305.jpeg IMG_6306.jpeg IMG_6307.jpeg
Where is this design? I’d love to print one myself

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back